DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pop up ads on this forum

guitars555

Reactions
I gotta say that the pop-up ad that appears in the lower part of literally every page is not only annoying but it appears it is intentionally designed to be difficult to close. There is no visible “x”. If you try to touch the upper right corner it takes me usually 3-4 tries to close it. More than annoying. I understand the need for ads but this is over-reaching.

I gotta say that the pop-up ad that appears in the lower part of literally every page is not only annoying but it appears it is intentionally designed to be difficult to close. There is no visible “x”. If you try to touch the upper right corner it takes me usually 3-4 tries to close it. More than annoying. I understand the need for ads but this is over-reaching.
What guitar sez.

You can opt for a paid membership to eliminate the ads.

I see the ads on my smartphone but not on the PC running an adblocker. I only have a cellular hotspot connection to the internet and don't want to waste my data on ads
The ads must be from google as they advertise the worthless temu site

Reactions: JimJ
The point is that you can not close the ad out. If that is intentional, very basic optics for paid subscription
That's my point. With the paid membership, there are no ads to worry about closing.

Reactions: Drone Master
This annoying popup started occurring during the past month. I only experience it on an iPhone when viewing the MavicPilots forum. It does not appear on my iPad, nor on a Windows 10 computer, nor when viewing PhantomPilots.

It renders the MavicPilots sight almost unusable when viewing on a phone. It takes up half of the display and is too difficult to close. We already see ads as part of the page. This one is in your face and prevents effective use of the sight. The IOS "Block Pop-ups" option does not block this.

Is this really how you want this web site to look?
MavicPilots 001.PNG

Reactions: BaldyBoyBilly
Something isn’t right there. We don’t have any pop up ads like that. We have the one about the newsletter you’ll see once every 30 days and we have one small “sticky” ad at the bottom of a the mobile screen. What device and browser are you running there? Maybe try it in another browser as there could be something else going on there.

Reactions: MA2 317
I use chrome on iphone. Started seeing these ads about 3 weeks ago…each is more than half of the screen in size.

Maybe your server has been hacked?

Strange. Nothing has changed with our ads. Below is how it looks on my iPhone/chrome. All you should see is the small sticky at the bottom. Is that ad on every page? I might message with a few of you directly to try a some different options and see if it goes away. Definitely don’t want ads that keep you from using the site.

IMG_4357.png

What is strange is that it isn't an ad from google as there isn't the little blue X on it. I can also see in your screenshot that the small sticky TEMU ad we are sending (via google ads) is just below that big "clearance sale" ad so not sure how that one is being served up. Is that the same ad every time? Where does it go?

I've seen this happen on computers where an extension is inadvertently added to chrome which injects more ads than the site is serving but I've never seen it on an iPhone.

I'll keep digging.

Reactions: MS Coast
Ok. Disabled that small sticky ad at the bottom as google may have changed something that made it take up more space than I gave it. Let me know if you still see it the large popup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147