DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable charging for mavic batteries

I am working on a USB powered mavic charger. I am waiting for parts. Can use either USB power bank or use wallwart

Not really what we are talking about. We are talking about portable charging. If I wanted to change in the car I’d just use the car charger. We are talking about being away from homes and vehicles. As I said in the original post.

Sorry I misread the post. I can't speak for all of them but the smaller one that I have won't charge the mavic battery for more than 30 minutes. The bigger ones that look like boxes might work but they weigh about 5lbs.

Only problem is usb doesn’t supply enough voltage
Not so sadly while you are right the story doesn't end.
1) fast charge supports up to 12v
2) even with fast charge not high enough thus implement a boost converter.

The only caveat is that if your chatget only supports 9v fast charge this will take maybe up to 2hr to charge instead of 1hr

We are talking about portable charging. If I wanted to change in the car I’d just use the car charger.

I agree, on the flying field a portable charging source is great whether it is the “M10” or some other device.

I think the conversation migrated to other methods. In that vein an inverter would haves significant advantage over a cigarette lighter charger. Reason being is the static car battery voltage with the car not running is right at 12 vdc.
This will take an inordinately long time if at all to charge.

With the car running the voltage is approximately 14.6 vdc and it will have to run the entire time while charging.

With an inverter it can be connected directly to the battery with the car turned off and an “AC” charger used.

I like the idea of a portable DC source to keep the RC & the display charged.

So I got some parts today and I did a test whereby I used a quick charge 2.0 usb adapter (can use powerbank over 15000mah) with a boost converter to convert 9v to the required 13v. The current was limited to 1.5 amps. Charge time was around 3 hours from a 15% battery. I picked 9v because it is the more common of the quick charge voltages. But this charge time would be faster if 20v capable quick charge 4.0 was available.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419