DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable quick charger for DJI Smart Controller

briano216

Reactions
I'm in Australia and need a portable quick charger for my DJI Smart Controller. I see on a DJI Forum thread (Quick Charging Smart Controller off of Portable Charger) that someone used a Pocket Juice quick charger, but seems like the Pocket Juice is not available in Australia. I found specs on the RAVPower 20,100mAh USB-C portable charger:

Output: USB Output: 5V / 2.4A Max Type-C Output: 5V / 3A Max QC 3.0 Output: 5V / 2.4A, 6.5V~9V / 1.5A, 9V~12V / 1.2A Max

Here's a link with all the data on the RAVPower 20: RAVPower | ravpower-turbo-20100mah-power-bank-with-usb-c-and-qc-3.0

Is that OK to use on the DJI Smart Controller?

I'm in Australia and need a portable quick charger for my DJI Smart Controller. I see on a DJI Forum thread (Quick Charging Smart Controller off of Portable Charger) that someone used a Pocket Juice quick charger, but seems like the Pocket Juice is not available in Australia. I found specs on the RAVPower 20,100mAh USB-C portable charger:

Output: USB Output: 5V / 2.4A Max Type-C Output: 5V / 3A Max QC 3.0 Output: 5V / 2.4A, 6.5V~9V / 1.5A, 9V~12V / 1.2A Max

Here's a link with all the data on the RAVPower 20: RAVPower | ravpower-turbo-20100mah-power-bank-with-usb-c-and-qc-3.0

Is that OK to use on the DJI Smart Controller?
The specs on the sc charger are:

Output: 5v-- ( 3 dots under that dash) 3.0A/12v- (again 3 dots under that dash)2.0A

The symbol with 3 dots is like:

____
. . .

I'd think any power bank that meets that would be okay. I also believe from what I've read that usb charging takes what it needs so it not sufficient, it might be slower but still work.

And this might serve to bump your question.

The specs on the sc charger are:

Output: 5v-- ( 3 dots under that dash) 3.0A/12v- (again 3 dots under that dash)2.0A

The symbol with 3 dots is like:

____
. . .

I'd think any power bank that meets that would be okay. I also believe from what I've read that usb charging takes what it needs so it not sufficient, it might be slower but still work.

And this might serve to bump your question.

Hi ff22. Thanks so much for your reply. After much deliberation I came to the same conclusion as yourself.

So I ended up buying the RAVPower 20,100mAh USB-C portable charger and it charged the smart controller in the same time as the DJI supplied AC charger does so I was very pleased. It also had 1/4 power left in the portable charger after fully charging the smart controller so that was even better. It now means i can have the portable charger in my pocket and be recharging the smart controller while I'm using it. Very comforting if I have multiple jobs to do on the same day!

Thanks again.

Brian

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos