DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post a picture of your RC and screen device of choice.

Masa

Reactions
Curious to see what is the most used setup in Mavic flyers RC & screen

Is it a smartphone, or a tablet. If a tablet, how big and do you use a 3:rd party mount or the arms.

Do you use the smart device for only drone purposes or as a phone/webbrowser/everything-device too?

I am using a cheap (69€) Huawei Mediapad T3 7" and keep it quite empty (no DJI GO app crashes ever, like I had every single time I flew with my Samsung S6 what I have for normal use)

-No sim-card
-No applications that could cross-use or make problems for example with the microphone, camera, wifi, RAM, automatic updates or anything that would disturb the flying app or the connection between RC and aircraft.

Basically only DJI GO and google maps (always offline maps)

Never ever do I have internet or cellular connections active when I fly. Only GPS. Until now have I had zero problems, app crashes or signal lost, glitches or such.

At home I use a weather app, mavic-forum, simple film-editor and thats about it. And a big memorycard.

I can recommend everybody to invest in a "drone-use-only-smartdevice"

Here is my RC when flying.
19e6e8ebbe2d6bcd6dd3ad944320509f.jpg

Here is a comparison.
Lower picture has a 5,2" screen
Upper picture has a 7,0" screen

0d4a1a67fe0234b0984ea493ead2ecbd.jpg

Although the difference is only 1,8 inches, this is IMO the crucial 2 inches, because of the telemetry data. In the smaller screen you can't see enough "flightpicture" because of the space the telemetry data occupies. I find this to be the ideal solution for me, at least for now.

This 7" tablet fits just in the arms of the controller and presses all the way in against the controller body. It also fits in the small DJI leather bag after i modified it by tearing one wall loose.

Reactions: buzzbuggy1970
I've decided that I just don't like any of the holders that place the phone or tablet directly on top of the RC. I really like the PolarPro mount that holds the phone over the antennas like in my joke pic above. Plus it's insanely small and portable. As much as I like Thor's version, it's kinda bulky to carry around.

LP

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato