DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post Pan mode

jsweinrich

Reactions
I use the pan mode occasionally and notice that it releases the camera to pivot up past straight ahead.

This can be a great thing for some shots but I was wondering if this can be reset in flight?

I'm a bit concerned that If it is pointing up then I might be fooled thinking that I'm further from trees and whatnot then I am... I know, I should kn ow my height and the height of the trees.

There is a setting within DJIGO4 that allows the Mavic Pro's gimbal to move 30 degree's upwards. This setting is helpful when panning upwards to capture the underside of a bridge or beside a tall building. Its also useful to show more area of the sky and shooting a panorama where one wants to get more of the top portions of the sky in the photo.

For you it appears that this setting might not be useful at times. You can disable this setting anytime the drone is connected to the Remote Controller and Device.

Here is a video explaining how to toggle it on or off.

I turned it off and it still pans upward. Maybe this setting only works at initial startup?

Pan is left-right. Up/down is tilt. You're not referring to the correct setting it seems.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser