DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post your best Photo From Mavic

From my Hyperlapse

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
I have been taking a bunch of shots lately, getting ready for my first serious trip out focusing primarily on taking landscape stills with my M2P. Yesterday I took the short drive Sedona, AZ, knowing it is a target-rich location. The first shot is of the famous Coffee Pot Rock formation. It gets it's name from being shaped like an old fashioned percolating coffee pot with a spout. I had nice morning light and some decent skies to go along with the soft light. The second shot is of Cathedral Rock formation. It is said this is the most-photographed rock formation in the world, but 99.26% of those are taken from ground level. Flying this formation at sunset was my primary reason for coming to Sedona. The late evening light was SO RED! I had to pull down the saturation in Lightroom as without any adjustments it was super-saturated orange. Sadly, the nice skies from earlier in the day faded to boring blue, so there wasn't any nice colors in the sky. I guess that gives me a good reason to go back next time the SkyCandy app predicts a great sunset for that area.

DJI_0254-Edit.jpg

DJI_0368.jpg

I have been taking a bunch of shots lately, getting ready for my first serious trip out focusing primarily on taking landscape stills with my M2P. Yesterday I took the short drive Sedona, AZ, knowing it is a target-rich location. The first shot is of the famous Coffee Pot Rock formation. It gets it's name from being shaped like an old fashioned percolating coffee pot with a spout. I had nice morning light and some decent skies to go along with the soft light. The second shot is of Cathedral Rock formation. It is said this is the most-photographed rock formation in the world, but 99.26% of those are taken from ground level. Flying this formation at sunset was my primary reason for coming to Sedona. The late evening light was SO RED! I had to pull down the saturation in Lightroom as without any adjustments it was super-saturated orange. Sadly, the nice skies from earlier in the day faded to boring blue, so there wasn't any nice colors in the sky. I guess that gives me a good reason to go back next time the SkyCandy app predicts a great sunset for that area.

View attachment 95846

View attachment 95847
Yes its a "Target Rich" area but the airport is within 5 miles and its in a National Forest Park Zone. Signs are posted at all the parking lots.

Minneapolis on a sunny fall dayView attachment 96374
That is a pretty cool perspective. Do you have access to Adobe Lightroom? That is my go-to for editing drone photos. In there, check out the transform tab and try using the "Level" button. This will help with fixing your horizons. This photo could be cleaned up easily using that option so that your horizon is perfectly level.

Reactions: tesohn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147