DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post your best Photo From Mavic

Nice shot, I love it.

That is a part of Canada I have never seen.

That is a part of Canada I have never seen.
its one of the nicest provinces for sure, every other province and half of the states come here for vacation,one of the only places to snow ski and water ski in the same day haha,mountains and lakes of plenty and a pretty wicked climate.

View attachment 35269 HDR shot of Heceta Head Lighthouse, Yachats, Oregon.

Utterly gorgeous! 10/10 plus extra credit for the location = 10+

Did you use Portrait view and the crop it?

P.S. There are hundreds of images of that lighthouse online -- but I can't find even one that approaches the quality of yours.

Have you ever stayed at the B&B that is offered there?

Last edited:
Reactions: Photobyharvey
Utterly gorgeous! 10/10 plus extra credit for the location = 10+

Did you use Portrait view and the crop it?

P.S. There are hundreds of images of that lighthouse online -- but I can't find even one that approaches the quality of yours.

Have you ever stayed at the B&B that is offered there?

Thanks for the kind words and feedback!!

I didn't crop the image at all, just used the HDR photo mode on the Mavic Air and boosted the saturation a touch in Davinci Resolve.

Never stayed at the bnb though. There's actually a long standing myth about it being haunted lol.

Turlock Lake Ca. I was able to grab a few sunsets and I have to throw in a Ames Research runway shot I have permission to fly at from time to time.View attachment 35399 View attachment 35398 View attachment 35397 View attachment 35396

Will they allow you to fly low as if you are actually taking off?

You could start with gimbal at -90 as you speed a few feet above the runway and then gradually tilt to +30 as you gain altitude before yawing sharply one way or the other in Fixed-Wing mode -- or the gimbal set at FPV if you don't have FWM -- as you soar into the sky above, preferably one with lots of clouds :cool:

Later, you could come in for a landing, if they will allow it.

Will they allow you to fly low as if you are actually taking off?

You could start with gimbal at -90 as you speed a few feet above the runway and then gradually tilt to +30 as you gain altitude before yawing sharply one way or the other in Fixed-Wing mode -- or the gimbal set at FPV if you don't have FWM -- as you soar into the sky above, preferably one with lots of clouds :cool:

Later, you could come in for a landing, if they will allow it.

Our Vets flying club has access to the runway weekly (or more scheduled). Mostly fixed wings but we're diversified. We were grounded the other day until 10:30am when NASA was doing some kind of drone test. I wanted to just watch but they canceled :(. And yes I have several videos as you suggested. Maybe I'll do a Youtube video. All the fields are green with lots of mustard flower so this is the time of year to do it. More of a unique location than scenic though.DJI_0475.JPG

(edit) BTW my buddy lost a 500 dollar racing drone out in the field on the left of that picture...not the best day for him. We flew our Mavic's all over the area but no luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: daisy-girl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead