DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Posted videos don't start in high def

When I select from the the link to Cocoa Beach Florida in the latest "Yesterday's new topics" the video sharpens at exactly the same point into the video clip REGARDLESS if I start at the very beginning or start just a second or two before the point where it sharpens. To me this seems to indicate that the video clip is not high res from the beginning,
Try it yourself and advise if you too notice that it 'sharpens' just at the point as per the attached screen shot which is approx 10-11 seconds from the start. Most interesting.

When I select from the the link to Cocoa Beach Florida in the latest "Yesterday's new topics" the video sharpens at exactly the same point into the video clip REGARDLESS if I start at the very beginning or start just a second or two before the point where it sharpens. To me this seems to indicate that the video clip is not high res from the beginning,
Try it yourself and advise if you too notice that it 'sharpens' just at the point as per the attached screen shot which is approx 10-11 seconds from the start. Most interesting.
Since all videos are located on their respective server, not this forum, I would expect what you found until communication is done.

I use the forum app and when I select a topic link, it seems to redirect to the web site of the forum. That keeps the embedded version of the video.

So I went directly to the topic/post within the app. Resolution is just fine from the beginning, having chosen 1080p. About 10 seconds in and checking the resolution, it supposedly switched to 480p, but still looked sharp like 1080p. Even forced it to 480p and still looked great from the beginning. It might be the 1080p is already cached so thats what's displayed regardless of my resolution setting.

Thanks Dan.

Thomas, my original post was because I wondered if the problem was related to this website/forum and asking if there could be a setting related to this website/forum (and Dan has advised well).

I merely posted back what I found to let everyone know who had responded that they too were experiencing the same so that they were informed. Just trying to be friendly and informative! Should I not have reported back my finding?

I do see a photograph, but looked all the way bock to you first post in this thread. No link to video, just a still image.
The link was not in the picture, but a link in the message. This should work and you see the transition of sharpness at about 10-15 seconds in. It's repeatable, so I don't think that it's a buffering or bandwidth adjustment. It looks like that's how it was encoded

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo