DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Posting Crash Log For a Friend.

Filipok

Reactions
A good friend of mine sent me this today. I had a look at the CSV and it looks like it was in ATTI the entire flight and had some kind of imu / compass problems going on.
Any ideas from you guys. He's a buddy that lives in Chicago (I'm in Dallas) and this is his first drone and first crash.

Attachments

• 2019-12-09_10-49-34_FLY063.DAT
    7.6 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: TinyTim
A good friend of mine sent me this today. I had a look at the CSV and it looks like it was in ATTI the entire flight and had some kind of imu / compass problems going on.
Any ideas from you guys. He's a buddy that lives in Chicago (I'm in Dallas) and this is his first drone and first crash.
I am in the Chicago area but near the Wisconsin border. Where is your friend exactly?

My friend said it drifted sideways and crashed right after this...Said it stopped recording right there and apparently didn't log anything further too. This was his 2nd flight of the day.

The video was just part of the flight? If SAR104 says it landed ok then it did. Was your friend trying another flight after the video and it crashed during that flight?

The video was just part of the flight? If SAR104 says it landed ok then it did. Was your friend trying another flight after the video and it crashed during that flight?

that video was taken right before it crashed.

also see:

Yep.. Looks like the DAT file didn't pick up the 2nd flight that crashed. shucks.

Yep.. Looks like the DAT file didn't pick up the 2nd flight that crashed. shucks.
Did the OP restart the aircraft for the second flight? If so it is a different .dat file.

Reactions: Filipok

If he was only on the second flight, it will probably be carried under warranty and fixed by DJI. Or, if he bought their Refresh Care, he can get it replaced on a Refresh claim.

If neither are the case, there is a guy in Georgia who repairs DJI drones cheaply and he does a real good job. I bought one from him after I had a crash and DJI was refusing the claim because it was lost after the crash. Thankfully I found it and now can send it into DJI for a replacement which I will then sell. Just do a google search for Thunderdrones. He is the best.

It was the 2nd flight of the day. I built the drone for him. He's sending it back to me for repair.

If you do a google search he has a website. He Was booted off the forum for some reason. I can’t understand that. He is a great guy and was always helping people. And he does great repairs and is cheaper than any other qualified repair shop

In the USA, DJI only authorizes themselves for warranty work. If anyone else works on the DJI product, then warranty responsibility transfers to the third party.

I'm not knocking DJIDroneService, just stating what DJI's site says about warranty repairs and who does them. It's just a shame DJI doesn't authorize qualified third parties, even factory trained ones like DDS for warranty work.

If you do a google search he has a website. He Was booted off the forum for some reason. I can’t understand that. He is a great guy and was always helping people. And he does great repairs and is cheaper than any other qualified repair shop
Hey Thanks Jack, yes your right he was a great recourse and I always found him a really pleasant guy and very helpful.
Thanks for your reply have a good Christmas

Dx

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78