DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential scam

I would be careful if you get a package you think might be the drone, I would film opening it just to be sure you don't get a rock and the tracking shows delivered and paypal says to bad you got it.

It has happened before. Then the seller gets to sit on your money for a month or more.

Reactions: Former Member
Sorry if it was a scam, I suppose the old saying “ If it looks too good to be true, it usually is “ still holds true.
Fingers crossed for a refund from PayPal. Take care. Peter

But now I know to only trust the reliable sites. I usually use BandHphoto.

I concur. B&H Photo is the most reliable E retailer for techie stuff out there. Their prices are usually very competitive but they do not give stuff away.

I think that they are a scam. Looking at their website page code, I see a line item for a fake counter for current visitors. Also that little box that pops up at the lower left corner of the page is written into the code as well with predetermined items. No one has actually purchased any of their items at the time you see that popup. It's just written in the code.

Attachments

• Someone Purchased.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: QSilver
Usually when you see that countdown timer, they are scammers. What legit company would have a sale ending in the next 5 hours every time you look at the site. These people should be in prison. Why are'nt there any internet police picking up on punks like this?

The best way to know if it's "too good to be true" for manufacturers like DJI and GoPro or similar is to look at the prices at a variety of known legitimate resellers. If the price is the same everywhere then you know that the manufacturer tightly controls what the products can be sold for. Some companies won't let you distribute a particular product unless you agree to sell it for a certain price. Both DJI and GoPro appear to adhere to this kind of control.

So, if you see the product listed for less, even 10% less, you should exercise caution, because somehow they've broken that tight control. It's possible that something is not up to par.

I would be careful if you get a package you think might be the drone, I would film opening it just to be sure you don't get a rock and the tracking shows delivered and paypal says to bad you got it.
After a similar experience, I try to catch the delivery person and open it there in front of them- people should be doing that on signature delivery packages anyways in case there is any damage. Since I am typically at work on weekday deliveries, on big ticket packages, I try to redirect them to the delivery office so I can open them there in front of the clerk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie