DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential scam

blvd_c50c

Reactions
Hi all, can you guys comment with you opinions of the legitimacy of this website. I unfortunately ordered from them thinking they were offering a great deal on a mavic air. Haven't heard anything from them since the order, and tried to call (keep getting Google voicemail), and responded to the order email confirmation several times with no response. Did I get scammed?
Mavic Air (Arctic White)

Yes, I paid with PayPal. I contacted them and they said, if you don't get the product, don't worry because they have buyer protection. I just didn't want to jump the gun too soon. Only ordered a few days ago. But, they haven't acknowledged my phone calls or emails. My concern now is the website has signs of not legitimate and they are not registered on the DJI website as official suppliers. I own a DJI Phantom 3 SE, but pretty much new to the drone industry.

Google Voice Mail as thier primary business contact number? Please tell me you used Paypal for the transaction so that you have the Paypal Buyer Protection in place.

Start the process sooner to recoup the funds rather than later. In some cases it can take a while for the funds to be returned.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
I agree with Thunderdrones, it looks like a scam site to me as the Air is far too cheap, some of the GoPros are far too cheap as well, there's a short countdown for the deal (I noticed this countdown style a lot of times on scam sites over Christmas). there's almost no information about the company on their site (I can't see an about or anything else), the visitor numbers/just purchased appears to be generated on the fly, they've incorrectly copy/pasted some parts of the site, they are hiding the domain registration information and the site is a new one.

The Paypal payment part does look genuine so I don't think you need to worry about them harvesting your details and I would agree that you should start the refund process now.

Any time you see a popular product like a DJI drone, Apple, MS Surface, GoPro etc. at a much cheaper price I'd stop and look further into it as a lot of these devices are rarely discounted much even when they're being retired and since they're popular devices, they're popular with the scammers. Even if the products are genuine some are grey imports (a product sold for one region but being sold in another usually bypassing import laws/costs) which may have no warranty or support in your country.

Did I get scammed?
Yep!

My concern now is the website has signs of not legitimate and they are not registered on the DJI website as official suppliers
That's a fair concern. That website was set up on January 7th.

Here's some other scam sites they recently had up:

Last edited:
Strange things is that scamadviser.com actually advises that this site has a "High Trust Rating
And this is why friends don't let friends use scamadviser.com ;)

That's great information msinger, thank you.
@BDOG - that's what I thought also. But now I know to only trust the reliable sites. I usually use BandHphoto.

Reactions: Grippo
You guys have been great. When I do finally buy my Mavic Air, I may be hitting you up with questions if I have issues.
@msinger bookmarked that site.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23