DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power Companies using drones for inspection.

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I happen to see one of these just yesterday bouncing from one poll to the next.
Their drone in a box is some crazy setup, but cool!
FPL | Smart Technology | Drones

That is cool, bulky, but cool.
Perfect use for drones.

The charger set up is neat, the way the arms come in and align / plug in for recharge.
I've seen similar online for warehouse inventory use, the drone sits in the 'nest' ready to go and do its thing counting stock when programmed.
I think they were Skidio 2 from memory.

Don't recognise the white drone in that video, anyone else ?

Very cool how the landing pad becomes a hanger..., wonder if it’s a fix location install?
I believe in that video, that they are fixed in a solar panel field, however, the one I saw flying over high power lines in my area, there are no SP fields, so, I assume they have portable units as well. I do know that they also use the M200 as well as Phantoms to do inspections.

Reactions: Thomas B
We used a Phantom for a few years up until around 2016 when one of the guys got a little too close to a 230Kv line and lost control of it. Back then we knew nothing about pt-107 or VLOS. Basically we used the drone a couple times each year for equipment difficult to reach by foot or vehicle. So it wasn't just newbies who flew out of compliance. After that they sent a couple guys to pass their 107 cert. The company now has a M200 with a couple different cameras on it, one being a FLIR.

Reactions: Drone Master
Well, I know which can power this inspection operation remotely. FlytNow is the one which is going great as of now. Along with inspection you can scale and manage multiple drone fleets.

I happen to see one of these just yesterday bouncing from one poll to the next.
Their drone in a box is some crazy setup, but cool!
FPL | Smart Technology | Drones

There is a company called FlytBase that makes software to automate drone inspection. The solution is called FlytNow and it has some cool features like live video streaming from multiple drones onto a single dashboard, unlimited flight planning, geofence, etc. They also provide a 21 days free trial.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph