DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power supply dead on arrival

meerec

Reactions
Received the Mavic Pro today through Apple Store.
The power supply is broken out of the box, not charging the controller.
Holy crap, what lack of quality control at DJI !!!
Makes me ask myself really awkward question: how can I trust DJI to fly A$1700 worth of gear if I cannot trust DJI to provide a working power supply ...

I should have said that in my original post to avoid comments and advice like this. Thanks. Yes I did check another cable. Yes I did try charging the controller with my iPhone charger and it worked. Yes it's not the controller that's faulty or the cable that is faulty, it's the power supply that isn't charging.

I should have said that in my original post to avoid comments and advice like this. Thanks. Yes I did check another cable. Yes I did try charging the controller with my iPhone charger and it worked. Yes it's not the controller that's faulty or the cable that is faulty, it's the power supply that isn't charging.
Did you try turning it off and then turning it on again?

kidding.... my friend has the same problem as well.. looks like DJI isnt having top notch quality control...

difficult one that - to know whether to return it or not. It was easier for me, as my gimbal didn't work! but for the sake of a slightly fault charger, it's harder to justify.

you should do it though.

There will always be failures, so I assume it does not charge the main battery as well ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Something like this happened to me as well when I purchased a Phantom 3 Pro this past August. Out of the box the controller would not hold a charge at all, but it would work when plugged into the power supply. I assumed the battery inside the controller was dead. So that could be the issue here as well.

I ended up returning the P3P because I ended up finding a good sale on a camera lens I had been eyeing and bought that instead. (Best decision ever, since the Mavic was announced about a month later).

I'm sure if you contact DJI they will send a replacement very quickly. Unfortunate nonetheless...

No luck with the support. Not yet.
They've offered someone local in Australia will attempt to repair the power supply.
Are they kidding? I'll be waiting for the power charger to be REPAIRED for another month or two?

Just use a standard USB port or phone USB charger if it's that much of an issue, saves the hassle of sending it back and waiting.

Just use a standard USB port or phone USB charger if it's that much of an issue, saves the hassle of sending it back and waiting.

Well you haven't discovered new land. Been using this option since I received the faulty charger yesterday. However it's not the point ... the point I was making DJI have poor quality control, and they make no effort to remedy the situation.

Wouldn't you think they would send a replacement right away?
Wouldn't you think they would want to be perceived as customer centric and a reliable company?
Hey, would you be happy if your power supply was delivered faulty?
Maybe you would want to swap with me then if it's not a problem?

No need to get arsey about it, it's not the end of the world because you have a Mavic which is more than most people and it is still flyable.

I wouldn't be too happy but as long as it charges the battery on the bird I wouldn't be that bothered, especially if it meant having to send it off and wait.

Dji are a shocking company when it comes to customer service and they will also be rushing these things out.
You still have a functioning controller and Mavic so be glad that they went with a USB socket to charge the controller otherwise you wouldn't be able to fly.

I'd use a phone charger instead of the risk of damaging it further by repair. You could even wait until stock levels are better and exchange within warranty, at least it might be a fast turnaround next year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo