DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Powerextra Mavic Battery Warning

Just my two cents worth...it is electronics..my first MP came with two batteries..after the fifth time charging one of those DJI batteries got very hot and swollen... I took it out of service and replaced it with two of the PowerExtra batteries....I have had no issues with these at all...bottom line Sh't happens equipment cramps out no matter who makes it....it is a crap shoot each time you fly.....

You're a sarky bugger, sir. Nowhere did I say it was "identical in every way". That would have been nearly as crass as your thoughtless response.
Your comment re the safety bag shows the level of thought you put into your obviously skewed take in these things. Lipo batteries on your planet have never failed? DJI batteries are perfect in your universe? I see. How excellent for you.
Unfortunately those of us stuck on Earth live in a different reality from yours, because Lipo batteries of any brand can - and DO fail. And if they do so causing a fire in your house you may fund yourself wishing it'd been inside such a fireproof bag.
I've seen a clip where a DJI service operative is testing a benchload of failed and returned DJI Phantom 4 batteries. Some had a bit of life but all failed the simple test performed on each. LIPO BATTERIES CAN AND DO FAIL. Except the ones sold to you no doubt, those being from a strain unavailable to tbe rest of us.
Yes, I saved some cash. And yes there's an element of gamble flying anything with a single lipo battery regardless of brand.
DJI INCLUDED.

Last edited:
Reactions: Towlem
That is most unfortunate. I have purchased 3 batteries for my Mavic with no problems.
Good luck!

I went ahead last week and purchased a couple based on your comment and I have to say that they fit perfectly and I have no problems flying with them in it. Seems to last about the same as the OEM batteries.

I just picked one up to replace a swelled OEM battery for my Mavic Pro 1. Only three flights so far because it's winter here and good flying days are spotty but so far, very happy. Perfect fit, locks solidly in place. Flight times seem similar. The BMS data provided is the same and flight profiles seem no different from the OEM's (Airdata). Perhaps the earlier manufacturing runs had issues. The manufacture date on this one is Aug 2018.

The only odd thing I noticed is that the status light on the back of the AC flashes for a couple of minutes after power down. The OEM's don't do that, not that I've ever noticed anyway.

I bet if you have DJI care and crash with this battery installed, you won't be covered....any thoughts?
how would they know and yes they would cover it undr refresh as long as you have the Ac to send them thats really all they care about.. buy the way I have 120+ charges on them now..

how would they know and yes they would cover it undr refresh as long as you have the Ac to send them thats really all they care about.. buy the way I have 120+ charges on them now..

Actually, they WOULD know if it was an aftermarket battery used because battery serial numbers are recorded in the logs and they know which serial numbers are Dji and which are not.

If the crash was determined to be caused by a defective third party battery, (which can also be determined from the logs), Dji Care Refresh would NOT cover it.

From Exclusions in the Dji Care Refresh Terms of Service:

11. Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

( DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service )

Probably best not to use them until your warranty and Refresh have expired.

I know the serial is in there.. I would love for Sar or bud walker or Meta too chime in on this one I have never seen them talk or show anything about batt serials in the the flight telementry. Just curious.

Battery serial is in the detailed logs, not often talked about since it's usually completely irrelevant to the scenarios that are investigated here. And as per the below communication isn't perfect so there will likely be errors logged that point out the obvious.

The only odd thing I noticed is that the status light on the back of the AC flashes for a couple of minutes after power down.
That means they haven't fully reversed and reimplemented the protocol between the battery and aircraft. At power down both talk together so that the battery doesn't cut power before the aircraft is done with its shutdown procedures.

Battery serial is in the detailed logs, not often talked about since it's usually completely irrelevant to the scenarios that are investigated here. And as per the below communication isn't perfect so there will likely be errors logged that point out the obvious.

That means they haven't fully reversed and reimplemented the protocol between the battery and aircraft. At power down both talk together so that the battery doesn't cut power before the aircraft is done with its shutdown procedures.

Ahhhh. Well, doesn't seem to affect anything otherwise so I'm not too worried about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000