DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-Flight Checklist Mavic Air Beginners

somoair

Reactions
Hello from Arizona. I am new to this site and new to Drones and RC devices in general. I am coming up on 65 yrs old and love technology.
I purchased a Mavic Air Fly More Combo a few weeks ago on eBay for $794.00 with free shipping. I think I did well.

Enough of my rant and on to the topic.....

At nearly 65 and this technology being brand new to me I needed a Pre-Flight Checklist. Nothing I found online offered me what I needed so I developed my own.

See attached pdf file to see list for anyone that may like it or want to modify it for themselves.

I do realize that there are items that do not necessarily need to be checked every time and the list may look lengthy it helps me to check and double check some items I felt important.

This is my first post. I also took my first test flight today and all went well. This is some cool stuff !

Glad to be part of this exciting site!

P.S. I have revised this checklist to reflect the helpful suggestions other Pilots have made in this post.

Attachments

• Pre Flight Checklist Mavic Air 1.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Do you calibrate the drone everytime before each flight? I thought you were only supposed to do it if the apps asks for it

Reactions: somoair
Do you calibrate the drone everytime before each flight? I thought you were only supposed to do it if the apps asks for it
Yes yo are correct. I have it on the list just to remind me to check to make sure the IMU and compass say calibrate.

See attached pdf file to see list for anyone that may like it or want to modify it for themselves

Welcome to the BLACK HOLE of DJI.
Good start, you will add and remove with time.
Personally, I would start by removing #8. Preflight is not the best time to do anything related to upgrading anything. Best to do that kind of stuff at home, before going out to fly and allowing time for proper test flight before heading out. But again just my opinion.
Fly Smart... Fly Safe

Reactions: cjhc and somoair
Thanks for the list very useful. There is an app for iPhone called Wunderlist where it lets you create and save checklist and as you cross items off your list they disappear works well I use it for camping.

Hello from Germany. I had made these cards in my early days.
You can print on one page and then cut in half, fold the two sheets and laminate on A6 foils. These two laminated cards will fit esily in your pocket and if you want you can tick off the items with a pen
The first card is preflight routines and a legend what the mavic air shows as control lights. The second card is about cinematic video settings and manoeuvres.

flight card 1-4.jpg

Welcome to the BLACK HOLE of DJI.
Good start, you will add and remove with time.
Personally, I would start by removing #8. Preflight is not the best time to do anything related to upgrading anything. Best to do that kind of stuff at home, before going out to fly and allowing time for proper test flight before heading out. But again just my opinion.
Fly Smart... Fly Safe

Agreed, I'll change the order and check updates first!
Thanks for the feedback..

Thanks for the list very useful. There is an app for iPhone called Wunderlist where it lets you create and save checklist and as you cross items off your list they disappear works well I use it for camping.

Sounds great thank you!

Hello from Germany. I had made these cards in my early days.
You can print on one page and then cut in half, fold the two sheets and laminate on A6 foils. These two laminated cards will fit esily in your pocket and if you want you can tick off the items with a pen
The first card is preflight routines and a legend what the mavic air shows as control lights. The second card is about cinematic video settings and manoeuvres.

View attachment 60589
Great job!
Thanks for sharing!

Hello from Arizona. I am new to this site and new to Drones and RC devices in general. I am coming up on 65 yrs old and love technology.
I purchased a Mavic Air Fly More Combo a few weeks ago on eBay for $794.00 with free shipping. I think I did well.

At nearly 65 and this technology being brand new to me I needed a Pre-Flight Checklist. Nothing I found online offered me what I needed so I developed my own.

See attached pdf file to see list for anyone that may like it or want to modify it for themselves.

I do realize that there are items that do not necessarily need to be checked every time and the list may look lengthy it helps me to check and double check some items I felt important.

This is my first post. I also took my first test flight today and all went well. This is some cool stuff !

P.S. I have revised this checklist to reflect the helpful suggestions other Pilots have made in this post.

Thank you for the list! I'm new to drones - just bought a Mavic Air last week and now learning the ropes and waiting for the winds to die down and go out and fly it!

Thank you for the list! I'm new to drones - just bought a Mavic Air last week and now learning the ropes and waiting for the winds to die down and go out and fly it!

Congrats on your new MA. You'll have a ton of fun!

Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke