DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Are you sure? I have spent a lot of time researching this topic, and the clearest and most consistent explanation I have found looks like this, which is repeated elsewhere:

Quick Look at the New Drone Law in Thailand

There are two types of drones or unmanned aerial vehicles:

CATEGORY 1: Used for hobby or other recreational use such as entertainment or sport.
CATEGORY 2: Used for TV news, movie making etc

If you have a drone in Category 1 that weighs less than two kilos and you are 18 years or older, than you don’t need permission to fly from the Ministry of Transport. But, you do need to obey the following rules:

1. Before flight
(a) Check that the drone and remote control is in a good condition to fly
(b) You have permission from the owner of the land where you wish to fly
(c) You have checked the environment and airspace of the location you are flying
(d) You have an emergency plan in case of an accident

2. During the flight
(a) It is forbidden to fly in a way that may cause harm to the life, property and peace of others.
(b) It is forbidden to fly in restricted zones as announced in “Aeronautical Information Publication – Thailand” and also at government buildings and hospitals unless permission is given.
(c) The take-off and landing must not be obstructed by anything
(d) You must keep the drone in line-of-sight at all times and not rely on the monitor or other devices
(e) You can only fly between sunrise and sunset when the drone can clearly be seen
(f) It is forbidden to fly in or near clouds
(g) It is forbidden to fly within nine kilometres of an airport or in the flight path unless you have permission from aircraft control.
(h) It is forbidden to fly higher than ninety metres above the ground.
(i) It is forbidden to fly over cities, villages, communities or areas where people are gathered.
(j) Do not fly near other aircraft that have pilots
(k) Do not violate the privacy rights of others
(l) Do not cause a nuisance to others
(m) Do not mount anything danergous or lasers on the drone
(n) It is forbidden to fly closer than 30 meters to people, vehicles or buildings

If your drone is in Category 1 but weighs more than two kilos but less than 25 kilos, you must be at least twenty years of age, not a threat to national security and never been imprisoned. You must also have a license to fly from the Director General of the Department of Civil Aviation. You have to follow the rules as outlined above but in addition you must have more knowledge about drone maintence and safety and aircraft rules. You must have emergency equipment on hand such as fire extinguisher. You also must have third party insurance of not less than one million Baht. Finally, in the list above, clause (n) the distance between drone and people, buildings, cars etc cannot be less than 50 metres. If you have an accident, you must inform authorities immediately.

Drones in Category 2 have to be licensed and insured and obey the rules the same as drones in Category 1 that are heavier than two kilos."

I even sent an email to officials in Thailand enquiring about the permit process, but never received a response.
Given the weight of the Mavic, I don't believe it requires a permit for recreational use.
Do you have more recent information about the legalities of flying in Thailand?

It's ok to fly in Thailand! I'm just back from a month over there (October) and as long as you don't fly over military/government/royal facilities and follow universal drone flying laws you will be fine!

Cambodia it's another story! It's forbidden to fly on the entire Angkor complex so no much more interesting places to fly at least for me!

I am starting to lose interest in the drone all together. After waiting so long I am starting to wonder if I really want it now. The excitement has faded greatly for me.
Me too.Been scouting for a used Phantom 4.If I find one my Mavic order will be cancelled .I need a drone for Turkey day weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Me too.Been scouting for a used Phantom 4.If I find one my Mavic order will be cancelled and DJI can suck my a$$.I need a drone for Turkey day weekend.

Woot had the P4 a day ago for $749 but checking now they are sold out. I think Newegg had it as well, new, for about $800. Don't know if they still have any at that price. But you should be able to find one at a very decent price.

DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter - $749.99 + $5 standard shipping

Reactions: Fplvert
Me too.Been scouting for a used Phantom 4.If I find one my Mavic order will be cancelled.I need a drone for Turkey day weekend.

I've been thinking about it as well you are willing to throw down the cash to be the first guy on the block but when your on the outside just waiting..... lots of reviews out and you last to get on the boat you get to questioning....

Yes, I got it already last Monday. Thanks for asking!
The possible wait of 1 or 2 mos is killing the excitement, knowing what you know now .... is it worth the wait or would you suggest to pick up something else and get it when it's in the store? I've given up on checking status for awhile but getting my card bill with interest didn't make me feel any better about it

Woot had the P4 a day ago for $749 but checking now they are sold out. I think Newegg had it as well, new, for about $800. Don't know if they still have any at that price. But you should be able to find one at a very decent price.

DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter - $749.99 + $5 standard shipping
****.......$749 it would have been mine.Having a P4 would make me very happy and in a year I would get the Mavic after the bugs were worked out.DJI just put a bitter taste in my mouth and with another 2 month delay that is like spitting in it's loyal customers face.Hey DJI.......instead of anouncing a 10/15 release why didn't you just tell the truth and say 1/17 release instead???You would have had no backlash and still a gazillion pre-orders.Honesty sometimes is the better policy especially to the customers who you already have their $$$ in your bank account.[emoji35]

Don't know where you're getting a 2 month delay from. The letter states orders up to Nov 3rd will be processed in the next 7-8 weeks. So they're working through the back log. From the spreadsheet, they're still fulfilling the orders from the first two days.

Don't know where you're getting a 2 month delay from. The letter states orders up to Nov 3rd will be processed in the next 7-8 weeks. So they're working through the back log. From the spreadsheet, they're still fulfilling the orders from the first two days.
Last I checked 8 weeks was 2 months. I could be mistaken math was never my strong point

Not to mention I don't hold dji to their time predictions anymore

At the rate they are shipping them out it will be another 3 to 4 weeks for the first two days of orders to ship out. Unless they have some miraculous increase in production and shipping I think even the 8 weeks to get through October's orders a stretch. At this point for me I have just lost interest. I don't want the drone like I use to.

Now, I just have to find out how to cancel and get my money back. Anyone know the process?

So order on Nov 3rd, get your mavic after new year's. Order before then, get it sooner. Simple enough.

English was one I was pretty decent at... read what they wrote and tell me what you see

For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
At the rate they are shipping them out it will be another 3 to 4 weeks for the first two days of orders to ship out. Unless they have some miraculous increase in production and shipping I think even the 8 weeks to get through October's orders is a stretch. At this point for me I have just lost interest. I don't want the drone like I did in the beginning. I will wait until it's readily available.

Now, I just have to find out how to cancel and get my money back. Anyone know the process?

Are there any problems with the Mavic shipping? I ordered mine a while ago and have not heard anything regarding a ship date.
Has anyone else had this experience?
NOOOOoooo I think the postman is struggling to carry them all.....:D

Reactions: AliAs
I've said it since they made that announcement that there is NO WAY they will fill late October or early November orders in seven to eight weeks... They have been stuck on the first two days for almost TWO WEEKS! I ordered on 9/29 and I have not even heard of a single DJI Direct order placed on 9/29 that shipped except for one that allegedly went to AUS. There is no way they will even have all of the September orders shipped at this rate in seven to eight weeks.

English was one I was pretty decent at... read what they wrote and tell me what you see

For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

OK, I'll hold your hand and point you to the key word in that sentence, which is "within". Could ship out today, could ship Dec. 29th. Depends when you ordered and from whom.

I've said it since they made that announcement that there is NO WAY they will fill late October or early November orders in seven to eight weeks... They have been stuck on the first two days for almost TWO WEEKS! I ordered on 9/29 and I have not even heard of a single DJI Direct order placed on 9/29 that shipped except for one that allegedly went to AUS. There is no way they will even have all of the September orders shipped at this rate in seven to eight weeks.

So order on Nov 3rd, get your mavic after new year's. Order before then, get it sooner. Simple enough.

^^ someone has hope

#31107 minutes ago

So to recap....

1. DJI promised shipping on the 15th October.
2. They then said it was based on first come first served.
3. After this they again said shipping was in full swing.
4. Now they are saying they had problem and expect WITHIN 7 to 8 weeks.

Feel free to use this template and add any sub sections....

Reactions: TopQuark and AliAs
OK, I'll hold your hand and point you to the key word in that sentence, which is "within". Could ship out today, could ship Dec. 29th. Depends when you ordered and from whom.
Lmao so silly let me help you... key words are "we will do our best"

We can still hold hands tho:)

I use to have the same trust In dji that you do

But if a lot of people cancel, which is a possibility being they all want it now, that will certainly help with the backlog. I'm guessing a number of people will just lose interest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905