DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

If I ask [Amazon] Alexa "Where's my stuff"? She tells me that I should receive my order by November 30th. This is interesting because my order page still just shows "Pending".

I made my order from Amazon Prime (not DJI's storefront) on October 15th. I did bug Customer Service again today to see if Alexa was somehow "in the know" and they explained the bad news to me this way:

This product is going to be launched on Amazon at December 1, 2016. So, the Amazon customer are going to get this product after December 1.
Before December 1, 2016 no one [ships and sold from Amazon] is going to get the product. After that customers are going to get this product based on priority of when they per-ordered it.
If you have pre-ordered it earlier, then you will get the product by December 6- December 7.

Any slight chance it could ship any sooner?

No, before launching date no one is going to get the product before.
I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience but according to Amazon policy it will be available after December 1, 2016.
Sir, I do not want to set wrong expectation in front of our loyal customers.
Thank you for your patience, I appreciate it.

I pressed further. His response below:

Sir, since the product is going to be launched on December 1, and you have per-ordered earlier, so you will get it after 3-4 days.
I have checked on Google, and what I found is given in following link.
Please go through the link.
http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-misleading-cu...(See full link)
Is the link accessible?

As per our official information, it is going to be launched on 1st December.

Well crud. Guess it's going to be a while, and nothing I can do about it.

One last note:
If you a pining over your mavic's arrival and obsess about when you are going to receive it, then it is just a TOY.
If you are trying to fly it indoors, like in a studio or a trampoline park (height of irresponsibility according to Tahoe Ed) then it is a serious advanced photographic tool of high caliber not to be taken lightly.

I did the same, but through Amazon. My delivery date is between 11/2 and 11/14. I just chatted with the on their web site. The person told me they are hoping (goes as expected), they will ship 11/7. Fingers crossed.

I hate to say this but DroneWorld is a bunch of con artists. They sticker their birds and sell them as a special lineup of DJI phantoms etc.

They over charge like crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I can confirm the sport mode breaking is not as fast as the Phantom 4. I may or may not have clipped a tree while hard breaking about 10' off the ground and crash landed in tall grass / soft ground. All 4 props needed replacing, and a few surface marks, but it still works. What really sucks is this would have made a great youtube fail video, but my sd card filled up about 10 seconds before the crash :/

I wonder how long it will take to get replacement props shipped.

I hope no Mavics were on this plane! - PICTURES: FedEx plane catches fire at Fort Lauderdale airport

cv4x_mnwaaqzg8u.jpg

Reactions: Ed209
Well i just got done with my third flight with the mavic pro. I love it. It is great in every way. The 3 things that bother me is, 1 the ribbon cable for the gimbal is perfectly in the way (sort of if you aren't careful) of the gibmal locking plastic piece, the last click when the gimbal loads before it sets itself to level is kinda concerning, as if it doesn't do that, then level itself, what then, lastly the attention I have been getting, None negative, but some think its a toy, some just want to know about it. I guess the attention is good to a point though I guess.

I can confirm the sport mode breaking is not as fast as the Phantom 4. I may or may not have clipped a tree while hard breaking about 10' off the ground and crash landed in tall grass / soft ground. All 4 props needed replacing, and a few surface marks, but it still works. What really sucks is this would have made a great youtube fail video, but my sd card filled up about 10 seconds before the crash :/

I've seen where props are out till December as well for delivery. Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

my apologies for posting pics. i was on the other end a day ago. at least we didnt pre-purchase a lily drone in 2015 and have yet to receive it.

They are a bit spoiled, aren't they? I enjoy reading those that ordered October 21st and are looking for a FedEx tracking number. I'm just glad I ordered launch day, that my Fly More has been shipped and will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I wonder how much I could sell it for? NOT THAT I'M THINKING ABOUT IT... just curious.

I chatted with DJI last nigh about my order. The representative told me mine would ship by November 4th. I ordered my more fly bundle 9/28 at around 1300 hrs. We will see how that pans out. I'm pretty patient and will sit and wait until it eventually comes. However, I think the lack of specific information, especially after charging our credit cards is very unprofessional. It took several weeks of asking to finally get the 11/4 commitment. I can't say I give it much faith. It's likely just a swag estimate. I'm sure there will be more excuses coming soon.

I hate to say this but DroneWorld is a bunch of con artists. They sticker their birds and sell them as a special lineup of DJI phantoms etc.

They over charge like crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I'll be curious how they overcharge, selling through Amazon. I have my receipt, but my credit card has not been charged.

I've seen where props are out till December as well for delivery. Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

I Believe DJI has props in stock. At least when I ordered them this morning it said shipping in 3-5 days. I ordered a total of 8 additional, four pairs. Better to have too many, than not enough.
:cool:Thumbswayup

Reactions: Zeroescence
I'm kind of curious. I used PayPal and DJI took the money out of my PayPal balance immediately. HOWEVER, that is a PayPal policy, NOT DJI... did anyone use a regular credit card? I realize DJI would have done a test transaction to make sure there's enough limit left, but I would think they'd cancel that out. Usually when they do that, it shows up, but then vanishes in a day or two.

Hopefully before the US government puts a restriction on the sale or flying of these drones due to the fact that a million of them will up flying in the sky.
will only take one lunatic to bring all attention to the drone industry.

My thoughts exactly. I have built loads of drones, none of which had GPS. I always flew them close by since I did not want to lose them.
Now we see "first outing" videos of people flying over roads etc and then hitting the home button and fully expecting them to come right back to where they set off as if it is a 100% get out for incompetence or inexperience.

On the Mavic crash thread the guy knows there is damage so does a test flight AT NIGHT over a freeway. And then he says how pleased he is that he has DJI care. So people believe that the Mavic is crash proof and then if it does crash then they will get a new one through the post in a couple of days.

I should imagine that a lot of people who bought Phantoms were a little experienced and took care of their drone. The Mavic seems to be putting the drone in the hand of the general consumer and if the numbers sold are correct, being in the region of 1 million then I think that we are going to be in real trouble .. it won't be long before a badly set up drone causes an accident or over flies a sporting venue and then drone use will be regulated out of existence.

I read somewhere to that drone world opens all of their drones and flies them before shipping. I haven't seen anything good about drone world. They want $499 for a dbs range extender that cost $109. I wouldn't trust them at all. I read several reviews that their item was opened by drone world prior to shipping. Drone world says it is to ensure the item is operating as it should. But what about activation? That is what I was wondering as well.

I'm kind of curious. I used PayPal and DJI took the money out of my PayPal balance immediately. HOWEVER, that is a PayPal policy, NOT DJI... did anyone use a regular credit card? I realize DJI would have done a test transaction to make sure there's enough limit left, but I would think they'd cancel that out. Usually when they do that, it shows up, but then vanishes in a day or two.

Yes, I used a regular Visa. With the Mavic, accessories and Osmo Mobile, it was over $1,700 USD, charged immediately. I have already paid the credit card off, but no delivery. Doesn't seem very friendly, does it?☠️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I used a regular Visa. With the Mavic, accessories and Osmo Mobile, it was over $1,700 USD, charged immediately. I have already paid the credit card off, but no delivery. Doesn't seem very friendly, does it?☠️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That seems messed up. They should at least disclose that they're going to charge you.

I read somewhere to that drone world opens all of their drones and flies them before shipping. I haven't seen anything good about drone world. They want $499 for a dbs range extender that cost $109. I wouldn't trust them at all. I read several reviews that their item was opened by drone world prior to shipping. Drone world says it is to ensure the item is operating as it should. But what about activation? That is what I was wondering as well.

I agree. The seal should NOT be broken on the box for a new bird. I've looked at their packages and they seem way overpriced to me as well. And not really needed...

So is it bad that I may or may not have crashed it twice today, the second time on my flight directly after the previous crash. I was demonstrating the returning to home feature to a friend, but the GPS was way off and it was getting very close to my literal home. I took over manual control to move it away from my home as it was within a few feet and I pressed the controller in the wrong direction and successfully moved it those extra few feet needed to crash into the side of my house. This time it hit a window, crash landed on concrete and destroyed 2 more props and took a chunk of plastic out of the front (and the battery came out as part of the crash). That said, I picked out the best of my remaining props and it still flies ok. So I will say, overall this thing is pretty resilient when it comes to crashes. That said, I just bought a bunch of spare props via the DJI store and I am glad I have DJI care. As eventually I will have a crash bad enough to want it replaced with a new one.

Reactions: shorttimer and BD0G
they're selling you a refurbished item. i wonder if thats even legal ;-)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King