DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Well damit DJI just took me for some more cash for an osmo mobile ..... Customer service sucks but Dang them for making good products!!

Me too! Unfortunately I ordered the Osmo at the same time I ordered the Mavic. No show on both counts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is what you call a professional hit right there... We'll played, sirs! lol

Did everyone hear about that FedEx plane that just crashed on approach to Austin? The crew is OK but the plane and cargo are a total loss .

You guys are TOO funny!!! :D The whole thread on this cracked me up--mostly for the folks who fell for it!! You did cause a moment of pause for me, but in reality, I had just gotten off the phone with FedEx arranging earlier delivery. They had also confirmed that my package is still in a large shipping container in the sort facility and that I should call the main depot in Austin tomorrow morning. It should be there by then!! Thanks for the laughs though!!

What's REALLY ironic is that the package arrived in Austin late Sunday afternoon, but didn't leave Shenzhen until 10:25AM on Saturday morning... of course, much of the time, they're a day ahead of us. But still, that's some fast shipping.

Funniest thing i have seen this year ... he is so funny i subbed .....

Boy the Karma Mavic thing is a big time no contest -- Mavic pwns Karma 7 ways to Sunday.

For me, the barrel distortion is a 100% no deal for me. Supper wide angle may be OK on the ground, but as soon as you go up 25 feet or so the earth turns into the little planet thing -- just terrible.

Brian

Reactions: MarkO
Boy the Karma Mavic thing is a big time no contest -- Mavic pwns Karma 7 ways to Sunday.

For me, the barrel distortion is a 100% no deal for me. Supper wide angle may be OK on the ground, but as soon as you go up 25 feet or so the earth turns into the little planet thing -- just terrible.

Brian

You can actually adjust the GoPro FOV from super wide angle to more-or-less normal, but the camera still gets fuzzy and distorted, when you do that. There are so many things lacking in the Karma, I honestly don't think it's apples to apples. It is way too big to be called portable and the lack of so many features, flying time, and that (I think) crappy remote.

So, it's Monday 834 am in Shenzhen China, lets see what they have planned for us in the shipping business! Has anyone received any news or something from DJI?

At one point I was thinking: "Hm, maybe I should just buy the karma, at least I'll have a gopro and a gimball"
Then today I saw this video...

In a moment of Mavic shipping despair, I was thinking the same thing too...for about a nanosecond.

The iPhonedo guy is both hilarious and informative. "The Karma is like a drunk driver trying to act sober". Priceless. So much better than just about every reviewer out there.

Me too! Unfortunately I ordered the Osmo at the same time I ordered the Mavic. No show on both counts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dang that sucks I'm surprised they didn't split it is it on back order too?

If you are still waiting for your Mavic why not kill some time seeing my video on hand catching the Mavic Pro and also it's braking distance in sports mode.

Video: Mavic Hand catch & Sports mode braking

Ps: I think I'm the first to post a video on hand catching :)

Reactions: ___ and Aozora
So, it's Monday 834 am in Shenzhen China, lets see what they have planned for us in the shipping business! Has anyone received any news or something from DJI?
Well, my shipping status is still showing "Pending" and nothing on the FedEx tracker for my Zip Code, but.... My carrier changed from whatever the previous value was to "FedEx," so that indicates some kind of progress! (No tracking number listed yet.)

EDIT! SHIPPED! (Ordered 10/27 at around 3:30 PDT)

Last edited:
Reactions: TopQuark and djholt
Well I sold my P3A Today. $600. I thought that was fair and that was my asking price. Colors are in full bloom here in the Midwest. So with that it looks like I will not be getting any more color videos. No biggy I didn't want to lose the opportunity to sell. I see on am on the list October 4th Matt. At this point I am content to wait. No sense in getting all worked up. November and December are a bit gloomy in Michigan. Once winter gets here and a nice sunny not biter cold day I can film out on the lake.

So as of know I just want to one that hasn't been hastily put together. I went through 2 P3A before I got a good one. First one dropped like a brick into the inter coastal in Florida. Second one was DOA. so given this I hope they don't cut corners to shut us up.

Well, my shipping status is still showing "Pending" and nothing on the FedEx tracker for my Zip Code, but.... My carrier changed from whatever the previous value was to "FedEx," so that indicates some kind of progress! (No tracking number listed yet.)

Yay! My order is 1.5 hours after yours, so I'm really hopeful. Is yours fly more?

Just told me via chat that mine will ship on Wednesday for what that's worth.

I also went with the GoPro Hero 5 Black and Karma Grip as my go to on the ground. Hoping I made the right decision instead of getting Osmo Mobile.

Just told me via chat that mine will ship on Wednesday for what that's worth.

I also went with the GoPro Hero 5 Black and Karma Grip as my go to on the ground. Hoping I made the right decision instead of getting Osmo Mobile.
When did you order? Fly more?

The Karma grip looks decent, but the 1.5 hour battery life kills it for me. Personally, I'd go for the Osmo Mobile, because my phone's camera is top quality. How much is the grip and Hero 5 Black together?

Edit: if what I'm seeing is correct and the grip without the camera is the same cost as Osmo Mobile, then yeah, there's no way I wouldn't get the Osmo Mobile.

When, from where and which did you order yours?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom