DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

List updated!

To date, all shipments are from DJI - DJI direct online orders, Amazon DJI Storefront, and Newegg DJI Marketplace.

If there is any standout here, Newegg DJI Marketplace did great with shipments coming from orders as late as October 14! Knowtomorrow is the winner here ;).

If you are not aware of, Newegg is now owned by a Chinese company. Hangzhao Liaison Interactive Information Technology Co., Ltd. now has the majority controlling position of Newegg. This could account for why Newegg was given priority. Frank Wang must have accepted a bar invitation from Hangzhao Liaison. So much so about First In First Out orders!

Here's presenting the new (or upcoming) owners of Mavic:

Code:
    Who          Where Ordered        When Ordered     Shipped Out
darkneo           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 10.00am      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Parker            Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 10:05am      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Luisrsg           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 12:00pm      Oct 23 (Basic Pkg)
Mrcandy           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 12:04pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
spikeanoid        Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 01:00pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
TheLightSpeed!    Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 ?            Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
adamflath         Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 ?            Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Trandg            Amazon (DJI)          sep 27 ?            Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
DroidSector       DJI                   Sep 27 12:50pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Fizzle            DJI                   Sep 27 01:13pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Questor           DJI                   Sep 27 01:19pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Chevytwonova      DJI                   Sep 27 02:06pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Freddyflier       DJI                   Sep 27 03:25pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
dcmusik22         DJI                   Sep 27 04:30pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Vicrimo           DJI                   Sep 27 05:37pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
SithDronePilot    DJI                   Sep 27 10:43pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Mattman           DJI                   Sep 27 ?            Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Code:
    Who          Where Ordered        When Ordered     Shipped Out
Jixxer            DJI                   sep 27 ?            Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Alan              DJI (CA)              Sep 27 ?            Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Tony Perry        DJI                   Sep 28 04:10am      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
MavicPro          DJI                   Sep 28              Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
J v P             DJI                   Sep 28              Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Busdriver320      DJI (UK)              Sep 28              Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
justin1230        DJI (HK)              Sep 28              Oct 24 (Basic Pkg)
incogneito        Newegg (DJI)          Oct 1               Oct 21?(Basic Pkg)
Todd              Newegg (DJI)          Oct 6               Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
crbalch           Newegg (DJI)          Oct 9               Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
knowtomorrow      Newegg (DJI)          Oct 14              Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
I seen you have a question mark by my name. I assume it that you don't know if I got it yet or not with my order expiring previously. I have received it on Friday October 28th at about 9:45am. Great job at creating the best mavic pro thread on the Internet and keeping it up to date as well.

Reactions: TopQuark
I ordered on 10/1 from Drone Nerds. Contacted this morning and they are still saying late November. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I ordered the Fly More Combo on October 9th from EZee Electronics (Via Amazon Prime). Estimated date on Amazon says Nov. 2nd, but no shipping confirmation as of today.

Sent two emails to Ezee Electronics, they replied back with one sentence: "Hey, no updates yet from DJI, they are keeping us in the dark."
Contacted Amazon support, hopefully they can contact the seller, who can then try to contact DJI. Told Amazon specifically not to cancel my order. Watch them cancel my order LOL.

Can i get added to the list. ordered mine directly from DJI.com on 2016-10-04 12:16:06 (UTC). But i didn't pay until the 6th so i hope that wont hold me back a bit more.

I ordered the Fly More Combo on October 9th from EZee Electronics (Via Amazon Prime). Estimated date on Amazon says Nov. 2nd, but no shipping confirmation as of today.

Sent two emails to Ezee Electronics, they replied back with one sentence: "Hey, no updates yet from DJI, they are keeping us in the dark."
Contacted Amazon support, hopefully they can contact the seller, who can then try to contact DJI. Told Amazon specifically not to cancel my order. Watch them cancel my order LOL.
Join the club...there are a bunch of EZ customers like myself waiting and have do NOT expect to receive anything on November 2nd

Just ordered today 10-31 from Newegg b/c I seemed to have the best chance of getting it early through them. Who knows if thats the case or not though....

I am from EU so buying drone in us is cheaper, also that CE range is not same as FCC version.
The CE and FCC versions are actually the same drone. It uses the GPS info to set the transmitter power. So even if you bought a drone in DC and took it back to the EU, it would drop to the lower transmitter power when you powered up at home.

Well by asking a simple question Amazon took it upon themselves to cancel my order even when i stated i wanted the order to remain open. i was just inquiring about the email i got from the seller stating what they had said. Me and my big mouth :( i sent an email back to Amazon stating they needed to reopen it but i have a feeling it is not going to be a good thing. Grrrrrrrr Mondays lol
What's happening is this: If you order from a third-party seller on Amazon, the seller has a certain amount of time they have to ship before Amazon will cancel the order.

In this case, your seller was trying to bypass the system by sending you the gift (probably a $12 microdrone) so that they can give Amazon a tracking number.

When I saw your earlier message I was going to advise against emailing Amazon CS, but I was too late. On the bright side, consider that the seller would have also had to go ahead and charge for the Mavic because they "shipped" it. So if anything had gone awry, Amazon would have had shipping evidence that you got your Mavic package this week. So you could have been really stuck if the seller got the drones crazy late or never sent yours.

So with the delays in DJI shipping to dealers, dealers have two choices if they can't ship by 11/5: Asking you to reorder, or they can ship you something else and lie to Amazon that you have your original order.

Reactions: Smallz
Just got a call my LHS that my combo has arrived. They apparently only received one. Ordered 10/10. Good luck to those still waiting hope yours arrive soon.

The CE and FCC versions are actually the same drone. It uses the GPS info to set the transmitter power. So even if you bought a drone in DC and took it back to the EU, it would drop to the lower transmitter power when you powered up at home.

What's happening is this: If you order from a third-party seller on Amazon, the seller has a certain amount of time they have to ship before Amazon will cancel the order.

In this case, your seller was trying to bypass the system by sending you the gift (probably a $12 microdrone) so that they can give Amazon a tracking number.

When I saw your earlier message I was going to advise against emailing Amazon CS, but I was too late. On the bright side, consider that the seller would have also had to go ahead and charge for the Mavic because they "shipped" it. So if anything had gone awry, Amazon would have had shipping evidence that you got your Mavic package this week. So you could have been really stuck if the seller got the drones crazy late or never sent yours.

So with the delays in DJI shipping to dealers, dealers have two choices if they can't ship by 11/5: Asking you to reorder, or they can ship you something else and lie to Amazon that you have your original order.

Very good points. Well i am still trying to see if i can get the order re-opened but i am not holding my breath lol. Once i know more i will advise and what my alternative will be. Thanks for the input it is appreciated.

Ordered a Mavic Pro - Fly More package on October 10th at 11:00pm from Massdrop. Hoping to hear an updated ship date from them tomorrow. For now the estimate is still November 15th which I kindof doubt.

Just got a call my LHS that my combo has arrived. They apparently only received one. Ordered 10/10. Good luck to those still waiting hope yours arrive soon.
That's the first I've heard of a store actually getting a Mavic.

Hi everyone! I am going to US Washington DC next week, is any chance to buy Mavic in store ? I am from EU so buying drone in us is cheaper, also that CE range is not same as FCC version. Thanks for answer.
From what I have read, the craft knows where your flying and that's what determines the limits, not different craft.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

That was mean and sarcastic... and darn you, you beat me to it!!! :D
In addition to those things I also hope it's also dead wrong (since I am among the group of Amazon/E Zee Electronics customers.) As above no notice of shipping nor a delay yet, just... nothing. If nothing does ship and we're notified at the last minute (or not at all) I would consider that entirely E Zee's fault. DJI may be jacking everyone around but a vendor should let their customers (or at least Amazon!) know if they have nothing to ship. So their only option now is to ship on schedule! ;)

Shipping Updates:

Post your retailer, order date (PDT if possible), and ship out date when available!

Link to Shipping Updates

Don't forget to get back to this thread to post your shipment date as soon as it is available.

Summary by date shipments and retailer with heat map now available.

Click the "Likey" below if you like the new format. ;)
9/28 2:00 PM MST through Apple. No notification as of yet.

Ordered from DJI.com 2016-09-28 11:30:03 (UTC)

Arriving by 2 day air from China
FedEx Wed 10/02

That free shipping 2 day air from China will cost DJI a C note.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu