DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I want to use that script! Can you share it?
Well, I'd be willing to share it, but it's useless unless you have your own unique OAuth token used by the DJI mobile app. And to get that, you need to capture the packets from your mobile device while using the app, which is a rather involved process. If you followed all of that, and know what to do, then let me know and I'll give you my script! :)

Otherwise, sorry! That's why I sort of avoided mentioning the script altogether until just now, because I couldn't make it available to everybody.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Can someone please confirm that @nocaps is okay? We haven't heard from him all day. FYI, anyone that is getting Mavics shipped to them, they are preproduction and not any good.
Are you not the person who consistently demands proof from anyone who posts radical claims such as the radical claim you just made? :)

Can someone please confirm that @nocaps is okay? We haven't heard from him all day. FYI, anyone that is getting Mavics shipped to them, they are preproduction and not any good.

And what is your source (hypothetical or actual) that they are pre-production models ?

according to my calcuations, there should be 150 mavics produced until my delivery (probably more)

How many total pre-orders (ending oct11) were placed from all vendors? Thousands? millions?

Regarding the support people... Keep in mind that these folks have been being bombarded every minute of their workday with "when is my Mavic shipping" since Oct 15, if not Sept. 27. And since their bosses aren't giving them tools to determine it, it's got to be really frustrating for them. I'm surprised they've maintained professionalism as well as they have.

And keep in mind that every modern company logs support queries from customers. So if you've pinged these people multiple times -- once weekly or once daily -- and been told they don't know, they have a record of that.

They wouldn't have these issues if DJI had given them a method to estimate shipping, but fact is that they haven't, and that decision was above their pay grade.

So maybe keep that in mind before chatting them daily or getting angry if they tell you they can't tell you. DJI's doing themselves no favors from a PR standpoint with their lack of transparency on shipping estimates, but the front-line people you're dealing with on the Internets and support phone lines aren't the ones making these decisions.

Reactions: kameit00
Two sides to each piece of bread...

On the other hand some would argue that bothering the DJI support team for a shipping date would force them to request higher up, and eventually we would hear of it.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Regarding the support people... Keep in mind that these folks have been being bombarded every minute of their workday with "when is my Mavic shipping" since Oct 15, if not Sept. 27. And since their bosses aren't giving them tools to determine it, it's got to be really frustrating for them. I'm surprised they've maintained professionalism as well as they have.

And keep in mind that every modern company logs support queries from customers. So if you've pinged these people multiple times -- once weekly or once daily -- and been told they don't know, they have a record of that.

They wouldn't have these issues if DJI had given them a method to estimate shipping, but fact is that they haven't, and that decision was above their pay grade.

So maybe keep that in mind before chatting them daily or getting angry if they tell you they can't tell you. DJI's doing themselves no favors from a PR standpoint with their lack of transparency on shipping estimates, but the front-line people you're dealing with on the Internets and support phone lines aren't the ones making these decisions.
I wasn't mean. She was mean. That's why I clicked the little thumbs down button. I didn't even get a chance to say anything. :)

But yes, I agree. I've posted the same sentiment in this very thread.

2wfpv6p.jpg

ordered sept 30 no data to delivery, after 2days ordered seperatly battery and probs-no data to delivery.Ordered from DJI on line

Reactions: TopQuark
Mine has just shipped to UK with DHL tracking confirmation.
Ordered fly later combo on the 28th sept 03:07UTC
I haven't really been bothering with the chat except for once in the 21st of October
I asked when to expect my order and after finally getting through all the generic messages about loads of orders blah blah, she said mine looks like it would be shipped around the 2nd of Nov...

And it just has..... Coincidence?????

In Greece, the release date was 1-Nov, then one week before that date it slipped to 7-Nov. Yesterday it slipped again , new release date : 24-Nov.

:(

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Flymore combo, DJI Amazon store, ordered Oct. 30 just marked shipped. I'm hoping it's not that they're just printing labels to prevent amazon orders from auto-cancelling.

Wohoo!!! Mine has shipped from NewEgg. Original order was on 10/1 and it was accidentally cancelled. Reordered and they just shipped after speaking with their rep and explaining the situation.

It said it was going to deliver this Friday but I just refreshed on FedEx and now it says Monday (what am I going to do this weekend!?!)

It's the Basic Package - I'll post some pictures when it comes in. It's been an honor following along with everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopQuark and Smallz
Wohoo!!! Mine has shipped from NewEgg. Original order was on 10/1 and it was accidentally cancelled. Reordered on 10/30 and they just shipped after speaking with their rep and explaining the situation.

It said it was going to deliver this Friday but I just refreshed on FedEx and now it says Monday (what am I going to do this weekend!?!)

It's the Basic Package - I'll post some pictures when it comes in. It's been an honor following along with everyone.
Gotta be the latest order shipped yet, though there were extenuating circumstances it sounds like

Wohoo!!! Mine has shipped from NewEgg. Original order was on 10/1 and it was accidentally cancelled. Reordered on 10/30 and they just shipped after speaking with their rep and explaining the situation.

Awesome!!!!!

Flymore combo, DJI Amazon store, ordered Oct. 30 just marked shipped. I'm hoping it's not that they're just printing labels to prevent amazon orders from auto-cancelling.
Correction, ordered September 30...never post first thing in the AM :)

Reactions: TopQuark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert