DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Pre-ordered a few days after the launch at Advexure.com which is where I've bought my other drones as well. They have a warehouse here in LA so shipping is next day to me and they've always been extremely helpful and communicative when I've had problems.

I am in their first batch which was expected to ship mid to late October, they notified me today that things are pushed back with the first units from DJI by about 7-10 days. Although I want my Mavic ASAP as I have a trip in early November I am fine waiting a bit longer to make sure what I receive is another high quality product from DJI. Would hate to see DJI mess this one up as it has so much potential.

Ok..., second battery ordered tonight via B&H Photo. No tax, no shipping. Same price as everyone else.

Ordered my Mavic on 9/30 2:30 UTC from the DJI website. No update on my order page; shipment is still pending.

Fingers crossed I'm within the 2 day (instead of 2 hour) threshold that's mentioned in the OP for DJI shipping out. Don't really want to wait until mid-November.

Dirty,
Just don't forget to have it shipped to the office so the wifey doesn't see all the boxes showing up and ask why you need another drone like I did. She thinks I'm crazy.
LOL...I have **** shipped to my office constantly. My wife will occasionally ask. "when did I get that" and my canned reply is "I had that for a long time".

Things should start clearing up on Monday. If no shipments go out then then we should know if there will be a delay

Z

LOL...I have **** shipped to my office constantly. My wife will occasionally ask. "when did I get that" and my canned reply is "I had that for a long time".
Same here. My first bird was a Phantom 1. I bought it at Atlanta Hoby almost 4 years ago and wrapped it and put it under the xMas tree. To: Bill From: Santa. Kids found it at the very end of xMas morning and said dad this is to you. I said wow, cool Santa. My wife said. "What the hell"

Last edited:
99030d8ad54883d351293bf2053fd409.jpg

Reactions: Zandian
Same here. My first bird was a Phantom 1. I bought it at Atlanta Hoby almost try 4 years ago and wrapped it and put it under the xMas tree. To: Bill From: Santa. Kids found it at the very end of xMas morning and said dad this is to you. I said wow, cool Santa. My wife said. "What the hell"

That's freakin awesome! I'm going to try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlueSkies
The funny thing is, no matter where you are from, or what culture you are brought up in, when it comes to our hobby, us men all have one thing in common, which is great majority of us tend to need to seek permission from the wife to buy "another drone".
In my drone group in Singapore, we call our wife the commander in chief, or CO(commanding officer) :D

Reactions: botasky
The funny thing is, no matter where you are from, or what culture you are brought up in, when it comes to our hobby, us men all have one thing in common, which is great majority of us tend to need to seek permission from the wife to buy "another drone".
In my drone group in Singapore, we call our wife the commander in chief, or CO(commanding officer) :D

Yes true ;)

Ordered mine from Amazon a few days ago.$1099 with 2 batteries,64 GB SD,and a few other extras.Free shipping and no tax works for me.

I chatted with DJI and tried to bribe them with a 1000 dollars to send my drone out first ;) Hahaha. She knew I was playing and made her laugh at least she said she did. Funny thing is I wasn't playing. I was serious :/

Reactions: Arpi Pap
I did not order DJI Care but have been contemplating adding it. You have 48 hours from the time you activate the drone to purchase the protection. For first time pilots it may not be a bad deal. $99 upfront + $79 for a first replacement & $129 for a second replacement. Note you MUST recover what's left of the drone. Completely lost or water damaged birds are not covered, & it only covers the aircraft itself. For more experienced pilots it is likely unnecessary as non-crash failure will be covered by the standard warranty. In my experience DJI birds have proven themselves very reliable. I've had 6 Phantoms & haven't had one fail yet.

I don'think I will order it bas d on your clarification. Thank you Dirty Bird for such a detailed response

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki