DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I chatted with the pre-sales people online... I told them I wanted to know when I would get my stuff. Threatened a story general investigation and viola, they shipped the day after

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So I got my standard Mavic package on 10/22. One of the first! But this is referring to my accessories. I bough these direct (mistake).

I bought my accessories on 9/27 at 1:30 PST

Put me down from DJI direct on Oct 1 at 10:43pm Eastern (2:43am. UTC), Fly More Combo + Extra Battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TopQuark
I literally am at the end of my rope regarding this as well. Ordered the FlyMore on 9/29 direct with DJI - Credit card companies usually gives you 60 days to dispute a charge, not to mention other CC protections starts at the time of the charge. They have had my $$ for 2 months. If they don't ship by Monday, I will not be able to physically take delivery (I leave for an overseas trip on Thursday). It's not like I can be patient and wait a week or so more to see what happens.

At this point I will definitely file formal complaints with BBB, Attorney General's office, and the Credit Card company and cancel my order. This has everything to do with them charging my card 2 months ago, and their shipping to other outlets who hadn't pre-paid first (eg. Amazon Direct). I have communicated this to them via chat and will follow up with an email as well. Time will tell...

Fly less or fly more? I'm just a few minutes behind you!

Fly Less pack. I did order extra batteries, hub and props. not sure if they are shipping the accessories together or just the drone first. will follow up here once I receive.

I literally am at the end of my rope regarding this as well. Ordered the FlyMore on 9/29 direct with DJI - Credit card companies usually gives you 60 days to dispute a charge, not to mention other CC protections starts at the time of the charge. They have had my $$ for 2 months. If they don't ship by Monday, I will not be able to physically take delivery (I leave for an overseas trip on Thursday). It's not like I can be patient and wait a week or so more to see what happens.

At this point I will definitely file formal complaints with BBB, Attorney General's office, and the Credit Card company and cancel my order. This has everything to do with them charging my card 2 months ago, and their shipping to other outlets who hadn't pre-paid first (eg. Amazon Direct). I have communicated this to them via chat and will follow up with an email as well. Time will tell...
I do not blame you......I would too.Charging your card without shipment and you believing their Oct 15th ship date lie this equals theft to me plain and simple.If they didn't charge your card that would be a different story.DJI are lying thieves in my book!

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

You can expect everyone to respond like this, in other words, don't waste your time. You had the option of canceling your order at anytime, especially when October 15th came and went without receipt of shipping confirmation. Go ahead and cancel your order, take the risk of losing your place in line and likely having to wait a considerable amount longer. We don't have control over what's going on nor does anyone have the answer as to why the delay is occurring The more favorable posts we read the more aggravating this whole thing becomes. Just remember, DJI doesn't give a hoot about you or the others that are waiting therefore, vent all you want but you'll have only yourself to blame should you cancel your order and be forced to wait even longer.giphy.gif

Has anyone received one from Carolina Droz yet?[/Q
I received the same, they stated sometime next week. But, of course I already have a package arrived from a different vender.

CD do have a demo unit which they're showing off.

Same here, got the 15-20 Nov "hope statement" and frustrated at discovering they even have a Demo unit to use. I'm a patient man but....

When Oct 15 came and went, I hedged my bets and placed an order with B&H. Like I said, it is not so much the wait as it is the business practice. So I will have to wait a few weeks more, but I will get my money back from the first order. Since I will be traveling when i reach the 2 month window, that has become my line in the sand. I want my money back, I want the extended protections a credit card payment provides, and I don't want other people to be treated this way in the future. I figure I am in a position to stand up to them and file formal complaints. Again, my biggest issue is their taking the money up front and then having no regard for those customers.

I'm with you on this. I cancelled my direct order and kept my Best Buy order because Best Buy doesn't take your money until the item ships.

DJI's practice here is deplorable. It would be SO easy for them to ease the tension by simply issuing a weekly statement with some HONEST information about what's happening.

I'm with you on this. I cancelled my direct order and kept my Best Buy order because Best Buy doesn't take your money until the item ships.

DJI's practice here is deplorable. It would be SO easy for them to ease the tension by simply issuing a weekly statement with some HONEST information about what's happening.

I have say when DJI released the announcement saying it could take 4 to 8 weeks to get through the bulk of orders that was brutally honest, in my opinion. I'm sure they knew people would probably go crazy when they saw that, but they still said it. They hadn't been so honest and open looking up until then, they were always vague, but there's nothing vague about saying things can be delayed for orders from 1 to 2 more months. I personally like that my card gets charged the moment I order so I don't have to balance my account around a pending payment, which is one of the things I happen to like with @Advexure . I believe the Mavic is worth the wait and all you guys will be happy once you get it and will forget the wait the moment you fly the thing.

It would be SO easy for them to ease the tension by simply issuing a weekly statement with some HONEST information about what's happening.
At this point it seems clear that are simply not capable of that as an organization. As I said before they're lucky they're so far ahead of the competition product-wise, because as soon as they are not and people have other options then DJI will reap what they have sown in terms of customer loyalty.

I have say when DJI released the announcement saying it could take 4 to 8 weeks to get through the bulk of orders that was brutally honest, in my opinion. I'm sure they knew people would probably go crazy when they saw that, but they still said it. They hadn't been so honest and open looking up until then, they were always vague, but there's nothing vague about saying things can be delayed for orders from 1 to 2 more months. I personally like that my card gets charged the moment I order so I don't have to balance my account around a pending payment, which is one of the things I happen to like with @Advexure . I believe the Mavic is worth the wait and all you guys will be happy once you get it and will forget the wait the moment you fly the thing.

Well said!!!

Reactions: devinrhall

Very well said, @devinrhall.

@tomnjfl Couldn't agree more that the practices we are seeing from them are "deplorable"...that's a much better way to use the word than the way someone else we know too well used it. They've got an incredible brand that they've built over the years and providing extremely poor, vague communication will take a huge toll on the production reputation that they've built.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2