DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

They haven't shipped many direct orders in the last few days so I am assuming that means a bulk shipment to vendors while we wait, I haven't complained (much) as I am still flying a P3A, but the money thing REALLY irks me. I for one will never order from DJI direct again, will restrict myself to vendors that don't take my money until the item ships. DJI is sitting on a TON of cash to do with as they wish while we wait with no information as to when or if out order will ship. How can a company be so innovative in the Tech field, and at the same time be so backward in people skills and customer support, it boggles the mind.

Reactions: K5423
Very well said, @devinrhall.

@tomnjfl Couldn't agree more that the practices we are seeing from them are "deplorable"...that's a much better way to use the word than the way someone else we know too well used it. They've got an incredible brand that they've built over the years and providing extremely poor, vague communication will take a huge toll on the production reputation that they've built.

I don't know how DJI has worked in the past with new releases because the Mavic is my first DJI product. I don't know if this is the first time this has happened with a release, but if the Mavic is the first time they've kind of hid in the shadows, I'd say all the fuss from this release may change the way they do another release. If this isn't the first time then I guess I'd have to say that when you order from DJI, you know what you're about to be in for. lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They haven't shipped many direct orders in the last few days so I am assuming that means a bulk shipment to vendors while we wait, I haven't complained (much) as I am still flying a P3A, but the money thing REALLY irks me. I for one will never order from DJI direct again, will restrict myself to vendors that don't take my money until the item ships. DJI is sitting on a TON of cash to do with as they wish while we wait with no information as to when or if out order will ship. How can a company be so innovative in the Tech field, and at the same time be so backward in people skills and customer support, it boggles the mind.

My experience from ordering ANYTHING directly from China has always been an extremely long wait to receive what I ordered. When I get my Mavic it will be my first DJI product. I am going to keep my place in line with @Advexure because you cant get better support as far as I'm concerned. This will be probably the last time I order a DJI product also because I rarely have the money to afford their new products. If I do happen to buy another DJI product I will probably wait until it's readily available.

Reactions: Eloute and F6Rider

All great points, @F6Rider. From the perspective of a long-time DJI dealer, DJI's processes are very different from most other vendors we've worked with. To shed some light on 100% payments at the time the pre-order is placed I figured I'd share how the process works for dealers. DJI does require all dealers to pay 100% for orders being placed, they do not offer credit terms. In the case of Advexure, we have had hundreds of units on order with DJI since the launch date (and a verbal commitment to quantities even before the launch the date). Due to the fact that DJI requires full payment, dealers and retailers are then typically faced with the challenge of having to require full payment due to the fact that we've had to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to reserve the units that we need in order to meet our customer demand.

The second reason for full payment up front has to do with merchant payment processing. Over the years we have done deposits for pre-orders which is an extremely time-consuming and inefficient process. The batch processing and collection of remaining balances on hundreds pre-order deposits is extremely time consuming and as we've found in the past, has restricted the speed at which we can fulfill pre-orders when product does arrive in. Another method to secure pre-orders that we've tried in the past is credit card pre-authorizations. These put a hold on the funds on the credit card without actually capturing the funds and the huge limitation here is these authorizations expire after 30 days (sooner for some banks).

Full payment at the time the pre-order is placed is far from ideal and we fully understand that. The issue is that this practice starts at the top of the supply chain with DJI and therefore requires downstream participants to face the challenge of having to implement the same practices based on what DJI is requiring.

I apologize for the lengthy post, especially on this specific thread but I do feel it is important that the other side of the transaction realizes the reasoning and challenges faced in this type of situation. If anyone would like to share feedback I would be more than happy to discuss this topic in private.

Have a good weekend, all, and HAPPY VETERANS DAY. Thank you to those who have risked and lost their lives to give us the freedom we are so fortunate to have today. Be sure to pay your respects today in particular, as you should each and everyday.

All great points, @F6Rider. From the perspective of a long-time DJI dealer, DJI's processes are very different from most other vendors we've worked with. To shed some light on 100% payments at the time the pre-order is placed I figured I'd share how the process works for dealers. DJI does require all dealers to pay 100% for orders being placed, they do not offer credit terms. In the case of Advexure, we have had hundreds of units on order with DJI since the launch date (and a verbal commitment to quantities even before the launch the date). Due to the fact that DJI requires full payment, dealers and retailers are then typically faced with the challenge of having to require full payment due to the fact that we've had to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to reserve the units that we need in order to meet our customer demand.

The second reason for full payment up front has to do with merchant payment processing. Over the years we have done deposits for pre-orders which is an extremely time-consuming and inefficient process. The batch processing and collection of remaining balances on hundreds pre-order deposits is extremely time consuming and as we've found in the past, has restricted the speed at which we can fulfill pre-orders when product does arrive in. Another method to secure pre-orders that we've tried in the past is credit card pre-authorizations. These put a hold on the funds on the credit card without actually capturing the funds and the huge limitation here is these authorizations expire after 30 days (sooner for some banks).

Full payment at the time the pre-order is placed is far from ideal and we fully understand that. The issue is that this practice starts at the top of the supply chain with DJI and therefore requires downstream participants to face the challenge of having to implement the same practices based on what DJI is requiring.

I apologize for the lengthy post, especially on this specific thread but I do feel it is important that the other side of the transaction realizes the reasoning and challenges faced in this type of situation. If anyone would like to share feedback I would be more than happy to discuss this topic in private.

Have a good weekend, all, and HAPPY VETERANS DAY. Thank you to those who have risked and lost their lives to give us the freedom we are so fortunate to have today. Be sure to pay your respects today in particular, as you should each and everyday.
Thanks for the explanation, I was aware that DJI required dealers to also pay up front, which left you with very few options in your ordering system. I was mainly referring to single direct orders on DJI's website or thru their Amazon store.
As a side thank you also for the Veterans day salute, I am proud to have served 20 years in the US Army in defense of my country.

Thanks for the veterans day acknowledgement. I'm considered one but I unfortunately didn't get to go to war in my 4 years.

I personally like the full payment and if you guys didn't take full payment at the time of order I wouldn't even of ordered with you to be honest, lol. I asked before I ordered if it would be charged there and then, you guys said yes, then I ordered. It's personal preference I guess. Your guys communication is worth the pay in full at time of ordering, which is why I'd encourage people to order from you next time.

Reactions: Advexure
Thanks for the explanation, I was aware that DJI required dealers to also pay up front, which left you with very few options in your ordering system. I was mainly referring to single direct orders on DJI's website or thru their Amazon store.
As a side thank you also for the Veterans day salute, I am proud to have served 20 years in the US Army in defense of my country.

Hooah, I think that's what you guys say. I wasn't in the Army but thanks for your service. I was a Marine cook. You know, the real bad a**es with spatulas, lol.

Reactions: F6Rider
@Advexure - Thank you for your insight and clarification of the dealer process. That puts you in a very complicated situation. I thought channel orders would either be COD or Net terms. That is indeed crazy.

However, I applaud you for your willingness to be honest and to communicate with all of us, both current and future customers!

DJI could certainly do a better job of communicating without putting out promises they cannot keep.

This is my first DJI order (and last directly with them).

Any THANK YOU to ALL veterans who have served here and abroad. We owe each and every one of you a debt of gratitude.

@Advexure - Thank you for your insight and clarification of the dealer process. That puts you in a very complicated situation. I thought channel orders would either be COD or Net terms. That is indeed crazy.

However, I applaud you for your willingness to be honest and to communicate with all of us, both current and future customers!

DJI could certainly do a better job of communicating without putting out promises they cannot keep.

This is my first DJI order (and last directly with them).

Any THANK YOU to ALL veterans who have served here and abroad. We owe each and every one of you a debt of gratitude.

Maybe @Advexure can offer services to teach DJI customer support how to do their job, lol. I honestly think though that they leave their actual customer support reps in the dark and they don't have answers either.

call me old fashioned but the "pre-order" system isnt very good nor is being less than honest about delivery dates..

trog

I think it's a good job that DJI has Advexure for a reseller, because they're providing their customers with all the support that DJI isn't. Watching these forums and DJIs own, I think that
A.) I will never again order anything from DJI until it's been out for months, due to the incredible awkwardness surrounding Mavic "pre" (or is it now back) orders, and
B.) When I buy DJI hardware in the future, I want to do so through Advexure, since I like the idea of a seller who has good communication skills and uses them, especially when dealing with tech at the price point of [insert name of anything DJI ever made].

Reactions: Advexure and jimmy
I think it's a good job that DJI has Advexure for a reseller, because they're providing their customers with all the support that DJI isn't. Watching these forums and DJIs own, I think that
A.) I will never again order anything from DJI until it's been out for months, due to the incredible awkwardness surrounding Mavic "pre" (or is it now back) orders, and
B.) When I buy DJI hardware in the future, I want to do so through Advexure, since I like the idea of a seller who has good communication skills and uses them, especially when dealing with tech at the price point of [insert name of anything DJI ever made].

I've reached people! lol. I've gotten so many people to order from @Advexure it's nuts lol. In a way though I'm giving them more work, hope you guys at Advexure don't mind, lol.

Thank you for your support, @No1much. Over the years without a doubt communication has definitely been one of our top priorities. Yes, we have expanded a whole lot over the years, but we are always looking to maintain the personalized drone buying experience that we are known in the industry for.

@devinrhall Thank you for your support as well. A little more work isn't going to hurt any of us. A couple years ago a little more work would have impacted us but we've now got all of the resources in place so we can handle it! :)

Have a nice weekend fellas.

Thank you for your support, @No1much. Over the years without a doubt communication has definitely been one of our top priorities. Yes, we have expanded a whole lot over the years, but we are always looking to maintain the personalized drone buying experience that we are known in the industry for.

@devinrhall Thank you for your support as well. A little more work isn't going to hurt any of us. A couple years ago a little more work would have impacted us but we've now got all of the resources in place so we can handle it! :)

Have a nice weekend fellas.

You too guys

Edit: By the way, I don't know who created Advexure, but I'm glad you guys are growing and I only see you guys getting bigger. It'll be cool if one day you guys are the best dealer for drones in the world and I can say I was a tiny part of it, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for the veterans day acknowledgement. I'm considered one but I unfortunately didn't get to go to war in my 4 years.

I personally like the full payment and if you guys didn't take full payment at the time of order I wouldn't even of ordered with you to be honest, lol. I asked before I ordered if it would be charged there and then, you guys said yes, then I ordered. It's personal preference I guess. Your guys communication is worth the pay in full at time of ordering, which is why I'd encourage people to order from you next time.

Uh, I hope you mean 'fortunately'.

Progress... 100% of 27th orders from DJI and amazon DJI shipped on our sheet, 100% for the 28th for amazon DJI and over half for DJI direct

Hi. on the spreadsheet is it the data order is accepted or the date the order confirmed? there was about 3 days between those dates for me. thanks

Uh, I hope you mean 'fortunately'.

No, lol, I meant unfortunately. I always wanted to go. Whether it sounds like a joke or not I wanted to go. We don't just go over there and kill. We also give some tribes over there food and help them. I wanted to be a part of that. I disagree with that war, but I wanted to be a part of it. Also, you make around 30,000 dollars for 6 months of overseas service so I also wanted that. I will say again, I did not want to kill anyone, if I had to I would, I wanted to help them. Many afghan people are good people and have helped stranded American service members many times, a good example is Marcus Luttrell who was a Navy SEAL and a movie was made called Lone Survivor about that. I know this has nothing to do with the Mavic but please, you moderators please understand it's veterans day. Let this comment stay please.

I emailed DJI support 3 days ago concerning my Amazon order.They never responded and I guess I didn't expect them too.In my email I mentioned multiple friends of mine who cancelled their Mavic orders along with myself thinking about cancelling.I also mentioned their business practices put a bitter taste in my mouth and even though they make a good product I think I and all their other customers would be better off purchasing from one of their competitors.No response=they just do not care imho.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

c5f9f5226e539bf1cf96fbcc6377039d.jpg

It's arrived!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member