DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Fly more package.

I ordered mine late, DJI direct, a week ago, (11/4) after cancelling a hopeless Koozam order, with Amazon threatening to cancel. Wasn't worth the hassle.

The main point is, they have NOT charged me anything. The payment is showing as "pending" on my CC account. Perhaps they changed their policy or maybe it just hasn't gone through but that's the way it stands, as we speak.

It'll come when it comes and hopefully it will be a more dependable unit than the first ones. Sky will still be there when it does.

Last edited:
Reported in another thread but pertinant here as well...

I just received a new email from Amazon that changed my order status. I'd recieved an email from Amazon on 11/8, just 3 days ago, and in it I was given a delivery date of 12/7-12/8. Earlier today the status was updated to include wording at the bottom that the item would be released on 1/15/17 but the status still said a delivery date of 12/7-12/8. Just a bit ago I receievd a new email from Amazon that changed the status once again but this time there is no delivery date and the wording is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
Track package

DJI Mavic Battery Intelligent Flight Battery - 3,830mAh/11.4V, Gray

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$89.00
Release date: Sunday, January 15, 2017

DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle, Mini Portable Drones, Gray

$1,299.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The email I received today says:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 25, 2016 (Order# 110-6707129-xxxxxxx). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.

"DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle, Mini Portable Drones, Gray"

So, they're saying the item is pre-ordered when in fact they have been shipping them for 3 weeks so the status would be more properly called "back-ordered". And, they indicate the items "is not yet released" when, once again, they have been shipping them for 3 weeks. You do not ship something that has not yet been released.

So, while I was once content to wait the idea that I might have to wait 3 months is rediculous. What's more, I suspect that what's happening is that DJI is being hamered by the big retailers complaining about not having units to sell for Christmas so it appears that DJI has reduced the production dedicated to fullfill existing orders and are instead beginning to earmark production to satisfy the big retailers desire to have items on hand for walk in or internet orders during the Christmas season. That is, DJI may well have decided that they can put the folks that have already ordered to the back of the line and then ship stock to BB and B&H and the other retailers so they can sell to new people doing the Christmas shopping.

Brian

Reactions: K5423
I ordered a combo from DJI Direct on Oct. 7 but I guess there's no way to predict when it will ship. I'm leaving on a long trip after Thanksgiving and won't be here to receive anything so I guess it's likely I will have to cancel my order and lose my place. There seems to be such a slow trickle of units shipping I guess it's not very probable that even an order made in early October would ship within the next two weeks.

I ordered a combo from DJI Direct on Oct. 7 but I guess there's no way to predict when it will ship. I'm leaving on a long trip after Thanksgiving and won't be here to receive anything so I guess it's likely I will have to cancel my order and lose my place. There seems to be such a slow trickle of units shipping I guess it's not very probable that even an order made in early October would ship within the next two weeks.

If Amazon hasn't updated with the more nebulous wording then I'd sit tight for a bit in the hopes that they have something for you soon. But, if there's no update before your trip you may have to inquire about having the item held at UPS or whereever. Of course, if you do get an email like the one I recieved today I'm not sure what I'd do. As I said, I suspect that DJI has begun diverting output to satisfy retailers need for units in stock for the Christmas season. If that is what's happening you may be able to buy from B&H or BB or some other retailer but it will mean you'll have to be constantly polling those places so that the second they show "in stock" you can order.

Brian

Reported in another thread but pertinant here as well...

I just received a new email from Amazon that changed my order status. I'd recieved an email from Amazon on 11/8, just 3 days ago, and in it I was given a delivery date of 12/7-12/8. Earlier today the status was updated to include wording at the bottom that the item would be released on 1/15/17 but the status still said a delivery date of 12/7-12/8. Just a bit ago I receievd a new email from Amazon that changed the status once again but this time there is no delivery date and the wording is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
Track package

DJI Mavic Battery Intelligent Flight Battery - 3,830mAh/11.4V, Gray

$89.00

DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle, Mini Portable Drones, Gray

$1,299.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The email I received today says:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 25, 2016 (Order# 110-6707129-xxxxxxx). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.

"DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle, Mini Portable Drones, Gray"

So, they're saying the item is pre-ordered when in fact they have been shipping them for 3 weeks so the status would be more properly called "back-ordered". And, they indicate the items "is not yet released" when, once again, they have been shipping them for 3 weeks. You do not ship something that has not yet been released.

So, while I was once content to wait the idea that I might have to wait 3 months is rediculous. What's more, I suspect that what's happening is that DJI is being hamered by the big retailers complaining about not having units to sell for Christmas so it appears that DJI has reduced the production dedicated to fullfill existing orders and are instead beginning to earmark production to satisfy the big retailers desire to have items on hand for walk in or internet orders during the Christmas season. That is, DJI may well have decided that they can put the folks that have already ordered to the back of the line and then ship stock to BB and B&H and the other retailers so they can sell to new people doing the Christmas shopping.

Brian

They have to satisfy their dealers as well as direct customers, the dealers also pay in full as far as I know when they order units. That's how business works. They can't ignore their dealers because dealers ordered when individual customers did too.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have backup orders with Amazon (I also got the update to 'Jan 15') and Newegg which is still saying Dec. 15. Best Buy is saying the end of November and sadly there appear to be people who actually believe that (not gonna happen.) I'd like to think I could get FedEx to redirect the DJI shipment if/when it ever occurs but I'm not sure they'll do that.

Last edited:
They have to satisfy their dealers as well as direct customers, the dealers also pay in full as far as I know when they order units. That's how business works. They can't ignore their dealers because dealers ordered when individual customers did too.

Absolutely true, but what are the odds the retailers are going to have to wait until the midle of January to get the items.

Brian

It's looking to me that the best chance of getting one THIS YEAR will be to hang onto your order in case that miraculously comes through and to spend all day every day polling the major retailers in case the status at one goes to "in stock". Then, order and cancel the previous order.

Honestly, if there's no benefit to ordering early what's the point of ordering early.

Brian

Reactions: No1much
It's looking to me that the best chance of getting one THIS YEAR will be to hang onto your order in case that miraculously comes through and to spend all day every day polling the major retailers in case the status at one goes to "in stock". Then, order and cancel the previous order.

Honestly, if there's no benefit to ordering early what's the point of ordering early.

Brian

The benefit of ordering early is that you will get it earlier than anyone else, lol. Might not be as early as you wanted it but it will be earlier than people who are expecting it to be on store shelves. Trust me though, I'm not bashing you, I'm still waiting on mine. We will still get it earlier than other people who think they're going to get it in a store, I honestly don't see the Mavic being on a store shelf for Christmas. It sucks, nothing we can do about it. I can't wait for mine, but all I can do is wait. Once we get it we will be happy with it, I hope you get yours soon.

The benefit of ordering early is that you will get it earlier than anyone else, lol. Might not be as early as you wanted it but it will be earlier than people who are expecting it to be on store shelves. Trust me though, I'm not bashing you, I'm still waiting on mine. We will still get it earlier than other people who think they're going to get it in a store, I honestly don't see the Mavic being on a store shelf for Christmas. It sucks, nothing we can do about it. I can't wait for mine, but all I can do is wait. Once we get it we will be happy with it, I hope you get yours soon.

And it's looking to me that I will have opertunities to buy from B&H or BB or even Amazon when they have them in stock BEFORE the end of the year and certainly before the middle of January.

I'll sit on this for a bit but I'm leaning towards cancelling my order and just not buying the Mavic at all. I have the Inspire 1 Pro and the Mavic Pro would have been a good complement to that, but if the Mavic isn't to be I will still have the Inspire. DJI doesn't have to get another $1400 from me... :mad:

Brian

If the rate doesn't pick up dramatically (and I mean really dramatically) soon then I don't see how they can meet even their recently extended delivery timetable. And that's probably why Amazon (and no doubt soon others to follow) have now moved their projected ship dates into next year.

Think about it. Now that the Karmas have been recalled, the pressure to deliver rapidly might be lessened.
Not a good development for us waiting, but perhaps a better product will be delivered due to relaxed production urgency.

Hi. on the spreadsheet is it the data order is accepted or the date the order confirmed? there was about 3 days between those dates for me. thanks
It will be the date the order was accepted. Who is your retailer? It's odd that it took them 3 days to confirm.

Think about it. Now that the Karmas have been recalled, the pressure to deliver rapidly might be lessened.
Not a good development for us waiting, but perhaps a better product will be delivered due to relaxed production urgency.

No such thing as relaxed production urgency during the Christmas season. Not happening...

Brian

c5f9f5226e539bf1cf96fbcc6377039d.jpg

It's arrived!

Is that countertop called "Cookies and Cream"? LOL! :) It's nice.

Reactions: swil526
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun