DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Great support DJI chat:

Attachments

• 2016-10-17_15-49-30.jpg
    2016-10-17_15-49-30.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 129
Pretty bad, but then again the front line CS people are in the middle and are probably as sick and tired of the lack of communication from management as we are.

Um, standard customer support people are not allowed to address questions like that. The phrasing can be (and may have been) construed as a"question from the press" and while the hangup was abrupt, it was probably the only response they can give.

No company will allow the general customer service rep to answer something like that.

It would have been one thing to at least opened up with your order number and question on status of your order. You questioned the status of a company and their supply or issues with - how do they know you are not press, looking for an "official statement."

Just got off the chat with DJI online store and asked them about the first shipment to Singapore, and their reply was that "At the moment we are not provided that info".

If they themselves do not know..... who does?

:confused:

Um, standard customer support people are not allowed to address questions like that. The phrasing can be (and may have been) construed as a"question from the press" and while the hangup was abrupt, it was probably the only response they can give.

No company will allow the general customer service rep to answer something like that.

It would have been one thing to at least opened up with your order number and question on status of your order. You questioned the status of a company and their supply or issues with - how do they know you are not press, looking for an "official statement."
Thanks for your thoughts Brad, very helpful..

Just spoke with DJI again:

Dominique
Thank you for contacting DJI Pre Sales Support.

Brett
Hi, whats happening with Mavic orders? There are multiple online forums with customers who have ordered direct from DJI and also Apple and no one has any answers on when the Mavic pre-orders will be shipped. We were told Oct 15/mid October. Has there been some type of delay, just let us know.
There are rumors there has been firmware issues, is this true?

Dominique
Hi there Brett . I do apologize that we have not started shipping the Mavic

We are still waiting for updates from HQ

Order placed from Sept 27th til' Oct 11th we'll start shipping it mid Oct and order placed starting on Oct 12 18:00 Beijing Time ships within November.

We arrange shipment on first pay first service basis and Presales are not able to advise exact shipping date yet.

Brett
Are there any firmware issues as reported?

Dominique
Not that I know of sir.

Brett
And what you mean by mid-October? today is the 17th, almost late October. Does this mean they will ship this week?

Dominique
Most likely. It ships This week - end of Oct. We are still waiting for HQ's update regarding the 1st batch shipments

Sorry about that

Brett
OK, thanks for your help Dominique

Take care.

Dominique
You are welcome :)

Thanks sir you too

Bye for now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to come back and chat with us. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 46
I'm wondering if those that are participating in the software beta test will be getting theirs first. Purely curiosity, not fact.
I was wondering the same thing, they are still evaluating the submissions until 10/23 then those picked will be notified. It would make sense to ship theirs with the first batch, kind of hard to beta test something you don't have.

I picked up one at Best Buy, being premier silver 30 day return policy. This will hopefully keep me busy until then. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really

That is a dirtbag move to buy something with the sole expectation to use it and return it to the retailer. It is people like you that are helping drive the cost of consumer good up.

DJI can't afford a Samsung moment, wouldn't surprise me if units aren't shipped out for weeks.

Speculation: The Karma release date is what set the release date for the Mavic, and they weren't prepared for the mass orders.

I was wondering the same thing, they are still evaluating the submissions until 10/23 then those picked will be notified. It would make sense to ship theirs with the first batch, kind of hard to beta test something you don't have.

What beta are they evaluating submissions on?

Reactions: Lees23
you would think DJI would want to beat GoPro on their release date. Karma is supposed to be available on 10/23. could be interesting to see if the mavic beats the karma in delivery........

Reactions: AliAs
What beta are they evaluating submissions on?
The next firmware release. I am signed up as a beta tester and on my account it says they are in the process of picking 100 testers and the process will be completed on the 23rd, at which time they will I assume notify the 100 selected.

This happen with my P1 order, my P2 order, my Inspire order, my P4 order, and now my Mavic. Sometimes I wonder what Amazon Prime has done to me. I want stuff yesterday. Guys I'm going to take a chill pill and get outside.

Ping me when it ships.
Bill

This happen with my P1 order, my P2 order, my Inspire order, my P4 order, and now my Mavic. Sometimes I wonder what Amazon Prime has done to me. I want stuff yesterday. Guys I'm going to take a chill pill and get outside.

Ping me when it ships.
Bill

I'm going to take a chill pill and build a FPV racing quad. That ought to stir up enough trouble to make me forget about Mavic shipping dates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI...

Robert
Hi! Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store Pre-sales chat. This is Robert. How may I help?

All orders between 9.27.16 - 10.12.16,...
Mavic Pro orders have exceeded supply and we are working as quickly as possible to fulfil orders.

The first batch of Mavic preorders will be shipped from Mid October on first come first served basis.

Nicholas XXXXX
Robert I believe it is Mid October now,
Do you know if ANY have shipped at this point?

Robert
All orders (customer's, best buy, apple stores, amazon, retialers (brick n mortar and online), resellers and distributors)

are delayed

We are not able to advise exact shipping date or offer expedite service.

The carrier's delivery info will be emailed within 24-48 hrs after the carrier's pick-up from DJI.

Nicholas XXXXXX
Why are they delayed?

What is the nature of the delay?

Robert
Pre-slaes does not know why the worldwide delay

Robert left the chat

Reactions: edoginasia
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads