DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

DJI doesn't have control of who gets what in what order after they ship to dealers, so it's not really out of order for DJI if apple/newegg/etc. have had big orders out there since the very beginning. DJI is just filling the dealer order then after that it's out of their control

Though on newegg it says it's DJI's store so you'd think they'd be a bit better about it in that case. I'm more referring to apple stores having some in stock... (though still doesn't explain apple shipping to stores before filling online orders)

FWIW My NewEgg order of the Mavic Only placed 10/30/2016 shipped BEFORE my DJI Direct order placed a whole month before -- Sept 30th.

"Shipping in the order received," is counterfactual.
That is now known as a POST-TRUTH lol

Reactions: capnzoog
Thanks erkme73. I emailed DJI directly after ordering to see if I could get expedited shipping and that's when they said there was a mistake & the unit I ordered wouldn't ship until 12/25:

36948721d03ffcb3a9191db455d60db8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well - good news! My trusty neighborhood Apple Store called me to let me know they had one waiting for me:

e2eaf063249ddd3f5897ad541ab909df.jpg

Actually that was my intention, but the forum member that I sold to lived nearby and is a police officer!

thanks again Tony. Took it out and it flew great. Just to reiterate.... do not rely on phone calls if you want to pick one up. I called my local apple store the minute they opened, and they said they didnt have any mavics in stock. Ten minutes later, Tony walked in and bought the only one they had. These apple stores are getting them, but the sales people are clueless. You may even have to insist the check stock when you arrive. Good luck everyone.

Just picked one up at an Apple Store in NJ. There was one more left that they for some reason took out of the box and put out for a floor model. I

Counting down the hours to Sunday, drone pick-up day...

Just spoke to a DJI support person on the phone (since that is the only live person that you can reach with this company), and he said that all orders received before October 4th should be received. I ordered directly from their site on Oct 3rd. Can anyone verify this. Any direct orders before October 4th still MIA?

Just spoke to a DJI support person on the phone (since that is the only live person that you can reach with this company), and he said that all orders received before October 4th should be received. I ordered directly from their site on Oct 3rd. Can anyone verify this. Any direct orders before October 4th still MIA?

Sounds like DJI's actual site is the worst place to order from, weird huh?

Sounds like DJI's actual site is the worst place to order from, weird huh?
For just about everyone who didn't preorder in Sept. that does appear to be the case. But then again, they already have your money so why hurry? ;)

For just about everyone who didn't preorder in Sept. that does appear to be the case. But then again, they already have your money so why hurry? ;)

Well I ordered from @Advexure and I preferred they pull the money at time of purchase, I don't know how long it's going to take to get it from them but it might even be faster than DJI direct, I don't know though. Guess I'll find out. So far going into an Apple store was the fastest of ways if you ordered late like I did.

The next mission is to locate batteries. None of the 5 Apple stores I visited that had Mavics in stock had any batteries. Only props.

I ordered on October 4 (actually October 3, China time) and I have yet to receive the Mavic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks again Tony. Took it out and it flew great. Just to reiterate.... do not rely on phone calls if you want to pick one up. I called my local apple store the minute they opened, and they said they didnt have any mavics in stock. Ten minutes later, Tony walked in and bought the only one they had. These apple stores are getting them, but the sales people are clueless. You may even have to insist the check stock when you arrive. Good luck everyone.
Great!...FYI I got over $1,600 on eBay for the 2nd one. You owe me a "get out of jail free" card!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom