DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I had registered on DroneHome.IO. I checked on DroneHome an hour ago and noticed registration number in shipped column. A check with DJI showed shipped by FedEx. Still waiting on tracking number.

To our Verydrone Valued Customers,

This is not the email we wanted to send.

Verydrone’s “shipment” of Mavics arrived earlier today and to say we are extremely disappointed would be an understatement. We received an extremely limited quantity of Mavics, a fraction of our initial order. Since these shipments are arriving overseas, from international carriers, we are not given proper tracking nor packing contents, so we are unsure what is on a shipment until we actually receive them.

We spoke with another DJI dealer and they received an even more limited quantity of Mavics. DJI did have some early production issues and is having an extremely hard time keeping up with the mass popularity of the Mavic. This lack of supply is affecting all dealers and retailers Nationwide, which is ultimately affecting our customers. DJI released an official statement, which can be read here (Mavic Pro Shipping Update, Nov. 3, 2016), to give you a better understanding of what is going on with your Mavic order.

We have another Mavic shipment arriving next week but we are making the assumption that it will be another small shipment; we hope to be wrong but we are not too optimistic. We will be fulfilling Mavic preorders chronologically in which the day and time they were placed. If you received a tracking number today, consider yourself very luck. Since we placed our initial order very early and very large, we are hoping to have priority, which will get your Mavic to you sooner.

The Truth:

We want to be as transparent as we possibly can with our customers. The truth of the matter is a majority of our preorder customers will not have a Mavic in time for the Holiday season and this is unacceptable and truly upsets us. If you need something for the Holiday season, you may switch your order for any Phantom 3, Phantom 4, or Phantom 4 Pro’s, which will ship today. Simply send an email to [email protected] or give us a call and we will adjust your totals. We know this is not what some of you originally wanted but this is for preorder customers looking for something before the Holidays.

If you are only looking for the Mavic, we highly recommend keeping your preorder open with us as customers just now placing preorders are receiving a late January ship date.

We want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope this does not affect your representation of Verydrone.

- Verydrone

I ordered a Fly More combo from DJI directly on October 10th and haven't received any ship notification yet.

My order just flipped over to "Shipped" status. No email notification or other change to the order page (no tracking number or shipping company specified).

Verydrone ended up getting a VERY small shipment. They expect another shipment next week but also believe that one will be small. They are saying the majority of their pre-orders will likely not to be expected in before Christmas now. GAH!

Verydrone ended up getting a VERY small shipment. They expect another shipment next week but also believe that one will be small. They are saying the majority of their pre-orders will likely not to be expected in before Christmas now. GAH!
Fresh take

I am devastated....I took time off from work...I was so excited....not verydrone's fault....DJI did not tell them it was a partial shipment....this sucks.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: cpokrywka
I am devastated....I took time off from work...I was so excited....not verydrone's fault....DJI did not tell them it was a partial shipment....this sucks.

When did you place your order? I got in pretty late in the game - just ordered November 24th. I sent them an e-mail to see if they can give me a rough idea of how many orders are ahead of mine.

I have decided I am not paying crazy amounts...if someone wants to make an extra $200... we can talk....$600 is nuts...no doubt you will get it...just not from me. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
If anyone in Canada with one sealed in box wants to make an extra couple hundred let me know.. You can still buy DJI care on one bought off someone else right?

yah i would say his initial comments were not accurate thus misrepresentative of inventory. I'm going to have to cancel.

Reactions: cpokrywka
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor