DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I'm very loyal to my local brick-and-mortar camera store, as I want them to maintain their physical store so I need to buy through them.

I placed my "Fly More" package order through my local vendor on October 16th, with a full pre-pay that put me ahead of deposit-only orders and no-deposit waitlist orders.

They've kept me well informed, and today they told me that their incoming order had been pushed until "sometime in January". As a GOOD vendor, they offered me a refund should I consider to purchase elsewhere.

I'm hopping on the "Apple Store order" bandwagon, and whoever gets it first wins. Just put in an order for a Mavic Pro, 3 batteries and an extra set of props.

That said, the local store has reinforced my loyalty. If Apple drags out through year end, I'll choose to purchase through my local vendor. They earned my trust by being truthful. They should not be hurt by DJI's mistakes on launch and fulfillment.

Reactions: devinrhall
I'm very loyal to my local brick-and-mortar camera store, as I want them to maintain their physical store so I need to buy through them.

I placed my "Fly More" package order through my local vendor on October 16th, with a full pre-pay that put me ahead of deposit-only orders and no-deposit waitlist orders.

They've kept me well informed, and today they told me that their incoming order had been pushed until "sometime in January". As a GOOD vendor, they offered me a refund should I consider to purchase elsewhere.

I'm hopping on the "Apple Store order" bandwagon, and whoever gets it first wins. Just put in an order for a Mavic Pro, 3 batteries and an extra set of props.

That said, the local store has reinforced my loyalty. If Apple drags out through year end, I'll choose to purchase through my local vendor. They earned my trust by being truthful. They should not be hurt by DJI's mistakes on launch and fulfillment.

Exactly, no dealer should be held responsible for shipments they expect but are not receiving from DJI.

Devin

Its finally in! Fly More direct from DJI Ordered on September 30, Funds were confirmed on Oct 4 and arrived today. Going out flying tomorrow. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: TopQuark
10/12 order from dji. Shows up blue ship icon however haven't received any update otherwise from FedEx or DJI. Finally though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got the email for tracking info. Can't wait. Fly more with 4th battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@TopQuark thank you for keeping the spreadsheet updated. Thanks to the info it's provided I was able to see that NewEgg was making the most reliable shipments which led me to place a backup order with them. It's on its way now and I couldn't be happier. Without this thread I'd still be waiting for DJI to send more units to Adorama, and probably waiting well into the end of the year if not the beginning of the next.
You're welcome. I'm glad this thread helped.

Bro... I ordered on 10/01 and still nothing but silence (DJI DIRECT)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
left dji nov 30 was flying around til dec 2nd at 430 am sitting in chicago fed sorting maybe today ill get it the page says monday 5th would be a great weekend if it comes today btw I'm in chicago shipping area

You most likely purchased yours from a third-tier reseller who frankly dji loses money on with each order so with the luck people have been getting with newegg the odds are ever in your favor :)
Explain how DJI loses money here..

Well my Mavic was supposed to be here today from @Advexure . With my luck of course UPS seems to have some problem and it's still sitting in California at a UPS facility for whatever reason.
109a2e39bed9173bcbb0732a56c1a434.jpg

Devin

To update the master data file.
upload_2016-12-2_7-6-13.png

I ordered 10-10-16 at 18:30 UTC from DJI Direct. Also I ordered the Fly More package.

Received e-mail stating that it is shipping 12-2 with an estimated delivery of 12-6.

I guess it pays to be patient.

Ordered fly more 10-10-16 at 22:30 UTC DJI Direct, payment confirmed immediately. Received shipping e-mail early this morning. FedEx shows arrival of 12-7. I've been lurking here for a while, reading all the posts helped me to pass the time while I waited for shipping!

Unhappy 2 months for me... Sept 30 order... Today its november 30 and Dji never respond my emails, refound link seems bigger every day...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Same for me! They are not answering my emails now. Very unhappy:( [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: MrEdCeD
My Fly More from @NewEgg ordered on 11/24, just arrived in my local FedEx town. :) Still slated for delivery 12/5.

While I am really happy for you guys, it is infuriating to see posts from people who ordered directly from DJI (not through newegg or apple which is a whole separate issue) on October 10th receiving tracking numbers and my order from October 5th is still just sitting there unchanged. So much for first come first served. :mad:

While I am really happy for you guys, it is infuriating to see posts from people who ordered directly from DJI (not through newegg or apple which is a whole separate issue) on October 10th receiving tracking numbers and my order from October 5th is still just sitting there unchanged. So much for first come first served. :mad:

I ordered the Basic on the 8th, I noticed that people who are getting shipping notices now ordered the fly more. Also, when was your payment confirmed? Since they told me they take that time into account, not the time of order.

I'm guessing they have two separate systems to calculate shipping times, one for fly mores and another for basics.

So mine being a basic and with a payment confirmation on the 10th at 23:00... I don't expect it to ship anytime soon.

I ordered the Basic on the 8th, I noticed that people who are getting shipping notices now ordered the fly more. Also, when was your payment confirmed? Since they told me they take that time into account, not the time of order.

I'm guessing they have to separate systems to calculate shipping times, one for fly mores and another for basics.

So mine being a basic and with a payment confirmation on the 10th at 23:00... I don't expect it to ship anytime soon.
My payment cleared immediately with PayPal and I've even confirmed with DJi that the payment cleared on October 5th. I also ordered the Basic but I have seen Basic orders from October 7th ship. I know complaining about it doesn't help anything but it is frustrating beyond belief to have no communication from them and no way of getting any answers. It's basically a big F-you from DJi to take payment 2 months ago and have no responsibility to the customer to answer their questions about the status of their order. I was active on this forum about a month ago and had to take a hiatus so that I would stop refreshing my order page. It's like crack and I couldn't stay away. lol

Reactions: dontic

Hi .. dont rely on the order page.. I received my flymore last monday and my order page is still showing it as not sent and the funniest thing is that the Adam email about Mid Oct is still showing there.. I ordered on 30sep and because it was the bundle package it took longer..

Reactions: A_Chemist
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13