DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

so here it what I think ready ?

I have a feeling the DJI grounded all Mavics that were sent out to Vloggers and others for testing and publicity purposes.

You see Casey lost his maybe user error right ? Now I been watching Ijustine iJustine

And she on here vacation stopped using the Mavic and said it was too windy. For the remainder of her vacation she used the P4 even on non-windy days.

It starts with her video called “Drone from the pool “ maybe a wild theory but I say you won’t see her use it anymore.

Just a wild thought
Actually, she may just not be a good drone pilot (or confident). She takes good footage, but she even crashed her P3 (her first drone I believe). And Casey, who the hell knows what happened, he didn't show footage of what happened, and he's definitely a irresponsible pilot, has crashed tons of drones.

Reactions: Shane
I'm sorry, but I just don't get the level of impatience among some of you folks. Maybe I'm just from a different (older) generation and we DON'T have the sense of entitlement that generation X'ers and millennial seem to have. All this "I'm gonna cancel and buy a Karma" (dumb), "I'm consulting an attorney/gonna sue/false advertising" (also dumb) and funniest of all "I'm gonna cancel and get nothing"... (what does THAT accomplish?) just makes no sense... GET OVER IT!!. DJI said they were going to start shipping the 15th of October. For whatever reason they didn't make that date. NO ONE PROMISED YOU ANYTHING. If you use your drone for (legal) commercial purposes and you've already sold your P3P or P4--well, that wasn't a very good decision, was it? If you love flying your drone and you already sold it and you just MISS it, well you should have waited. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT a happy camper, I am excited as hell about getting my Mavic, but all the whining and complaining in the world isn't going to change anything. The Mavic is THE finest drone that is (well, will be) available. Everything else pales in comparison or is a cheap imitation. GROW THE HECK UP!!! o_O

Are you sure B&H charged your card or just authorized it? I've been a loyal customer of B&H for over 15 years and they never charge until a product ships -- unless it's a special order. B&H authorized my card for $1299 on my order for the Fly More Package, but of course the authorization dropped off.

I have found B&H to be one of the most reputable companies I've ever dealt with.
GREAT company (B&H).

Reactions: Shacky
GREAT company (B&H).

Could not agree with you more about B&H. I have ordered many different products from them for many years and have never had a problem. Like someone said, they usually check your card but reverse it pretty quickly. They are SUPER cooperative (especially with returns) and have lots of good tech experts, especially for Nikon and Sony camera gear. In fact, I've called them before when I couldn't get an answer out of Sony and they helped.

Yeah they did charge it. I got in touch with their CS department and got this reply.

Unfortunately we don't have an expected delivery date at this time for your order as it is currently backordered by the manufacturer.
As soon as we receive it in stock we will promptly ship it to you. Once the order has been shipped we will notify you via e-mail. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.
I am sorry for the confusion, I have checked, and we did charge your Pay Pal account upon placing the order.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Thank you, we appreciate your business.

As someone else stated they can't preauthorize PayPal. I purchased an extra battery from them using PayPal and was immediately charged. That is not what I wanted. I called them back and told them that and they explained that PayPal charges immediately. I cancelled and purchased using the same credit card directly and only got a preauthorization. They won't charge it completely until it ships. That information is also on their website under shipping if you want to take a look.

So, it took DJI Zero seconds to charge me full amount, but it took a day to get a response regarding cancelation, and then this 7 BUSINESS days to get my money back. Not happy

807291027f1df5d95a92b99c448d2e86

Jane (DJI)

Oct 19, 20:50 CST

Dear Levan,

Thank you for contacting the DJI online store.
Your order has been canceled and your payment will be refunded within 7 business days
Have a nice day!

Best regards.
DJI online store Pre-sales team

Best regards,
DJI online store pre-sales support team

I ordered very early and made the "priority" group of the first 100 orders on Amazon through their DJI store. This is what I see when I check my order status (should have shipped on the 17th per what they said for the priority group):
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

So, it took DJI Zero seconds to charge me full amount, but it took a day to get a response regarding cancelation, and then this 7 BUSINESS days to get my money back. Not happy

Jane (DJI)

Dear Levan,

Your order has been canceled and your payment will be refunded within 7 business days
Have a nice day!

Best regards.

Best regards,

I would contact and attorney and the BBB. Good luck.

I had put in two orders. A drone only order at B&H and the the fly more package at Adorama. While, Adorama hasn't charged me yet, B&H charged my credit card immediately and I didn't quite like that so I cancelled the order at B&H. I guess the next person in line will get his sooner.

Check again. B&H does not charge you, they do a 'pending transaction' to ensure good credit card and limits. They dont charge till its shipped. I ordered from B&H and have not been charged.

Reactions: Exception

What a jag electronic refunds are never instant regardless of who you purchase from...

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the level of impatience among some of you folks. Maybe I'm just from a different (older) generation and we DON'T have the sense of entitlement that generation X'ers and millennial seem to have. All this "I'm gonna cancel and buy a Karma" (dumb), "I'm consulting an attorney/gonna sue/false advertising" (also dumb) and funniest of all "I'm gonna cancel and get nothing"... (what does THAT accomplish?) just makes no sense... GET OVER IT!!. DJI said they were going to start shipping the 15th of October. For whatever reason they didn't make that date. NO ONE PROMISED YOU ANYTHING. If you use your drone for (legal) commercial purposes and you've already sold your P3P or P4--well, that wasn't a very good decision, was it? If you love flying your drone and you already sold it and you just MISS it, well you should have waited. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT a happy camper, I am excited as hell about getting my Mavic, but all the whining and complaining in the world isn't going to change anything. The Mavic is THE finest drone that is (well, will be) available. Everything else pales in comparison or is a cheap imitation. GROW THE HECK UP!!! o_O

I personally find it very entertaining.

Jane (DJI)

Dear Levan,

Have a nice day!

Best regards.

Best regards,

Maybe it has to do with you being a private person paying and they´re a multi-million dollar company having to deal with hundreds of procedures to (correctly) refund another thousand of customers (besides dealing with God-knows-how-many contractors and subcontractors payments of all sorts every single day...).

That´s the way of the world, unfortunatelly. Every time a corporate has to deal with something like this it takes a lot more time to back-process (refund) than to process the first entering of the system (payment). Now, imagine that effect in a bank that can move millions in miliseconds between different applications all over the world, how much money they can make within those 7 days...

Reactions: Sapperx76
I believe they are dealing with the fly way problem detected on Casey's drone.
Perhaps they need to deploy and reflash it before shipment to avoid bad publicity and a lot of autopilot drones in the sky. Also some fine-tuning in the camera defaults
That could be a plausible reason to justify this delay.
Only to override Karma seems very bad, but also possible.
This is a conspiracy ideia and it will be self destroyed in the next reply :D

Maybe this is the reason why DJI is delaying the first shipments? :

What do you think? Seems not good this... or did these guys do something wrong??

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661