DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

If DJI has a valid reason for not being able to ship as scheduled then so be it, that's the way it goes with manufacturing sometimes. But if they cannot ship by the end of October then the only right thing for them to do would be to refund any monies collected for pre-orders (but retain the order's place in line.) To retain all the charged pre-order funds after that point without a clear delivery date for anyone who has paid would be unconscionable.

Last edited:
It looks like the official DJI store on amazon has a policy to reply no later than 12 hrs after you email them. And so far every time they have.

I am going to email them every 12 hrs for an updated shipping date. The one guy above who got his email from Amazon about an updated shipping date, that was the seller just guessing and putting a later date in. I doubt he ordered through the DJI store.

This is frustrating.... and to the guy above who complained about people complaining: Back in the day when a company released new tech, they were ready. They shipped their orders, when they said they would. Nowadays it's no longer a promise, its a marketing scheme. They are much less worried with actually getting their products to their customers when they say they will. I feel fine complaining, because they made a promise to me and now they have broken it.
I ordered direct from DJI on amazon and I ordered from DJI.com. I ordered directly from DJI on the 3rd of October and then I ordered one from amazon. Stay calm I am buying both and not just ordering to see which shipped first.

Yes, two. One for myself to start using right away, another for my 18 y/o son for christmas. I'll keep whichever comes in first and just stash the other one, so it's also a hedge against direct pre-order delays being slower than Apple.
No arguments when you crash into each other ;)TU

I went ahead and ordered a second Mavic Pro from Apple Store. My first Mavic Pro I ordered from DJI directly on September 27th. I'm curious to see which one I get first [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If DJI has a valid reason for not being able to ship as scheduled then so be it, that's the way it goes with manufacturing sometimes. But if they cannot ship by the end of October then the only right thing for them to do would be to refund any monies collected for pre-orders (but retain the order's place in line.) To retain all the charged pre-order funds after that point without a clear delivery date for anyone who has paid would be unconscionable.

I'm fed up about people moaning about their money being taken...that's what a pre-order is. You pay for something and then get it when it's released. Where I would and do get annoyed is the Plexidrone, who have my money, and are now 18 MONTHS behind on their shipping date...
But maybe DJI shuld refund like you suggest...and it takes (up to) 7 days to get a card refund (I know, I'm the head of payments for an internet company), and in that time they want to ship so they try to charge your card ....oh but you have no funds because it's 'in transit'...so your order fails...and no Mavic...back to the end of the queue you go. Good job.
I'm sure you'd be reasonable then...
Just cancel your order, wait for your money, and go to an Apple store in mid-November...and stop buying things from the internet where they *gasp* take your money before you get your hands on the item...

I'm fed up about people moaning about their money being taken...that's what a pre-order is. You pay for something and then get it when it's released. Where I would and do get annoyed is the Plexidrone, who have my money, and are now 18 MONTHS behind on their shipping date...
But maybe DJI shuld refund like you suggest...and it takes (up to) 7 days to get a card refund (I know, I'm the head of payments for an internet company), and in that time they want to ship so they try to charge your card ....oh but you have no funds because it's 'in transit'...so your order fails...and no Mavic...back to the end of the queue you go. Good job.
Just cancel your order, wait for your money, and go to an Apple store in mid-November...and stop buying things from the internet where they *gasp* take your money before you get your hands on the item...
I agree 100%, especially on a new item not yet available. This method prevents many from placing orders with several different merchants with hope of receiving one faster than the others. If no one charged buyers credit cards, most would place multiple orders figuring they could always cancel. Of course one can always cancel or make a return however, the fact the one has already been charged often deters that individual from placing duplicate orders. I know B&H and perhaps a few others only do an authorization, but this is a risk, possibly big risk for retailers. It means possibly having more inventory on hand than they perhaps care to have. Although most may think this product is going to literally fly of the shelves, there's always the risk that product problems may occur whereas dealers have to sit on such inventory.

Looks like there is about to be some well-deserved irreparable brand damage for the general public to consume. Notice how everyone is saying now what I stated in the VERY first thread of this (since deleted by DJI). Rest assured, I'm talking to The Verge, Engadget, and CNN Tech next
smile.gif
2 of them already got back to me.

Now the question is, will DJI learn a lesson from this? I'm not so sure about that....
It's a bad day to be Michael Perry and Adam Najberg, for sure. I hope they are sending out resumes.

On the contrary...this will do exactly the opposite. To the general public (people who don't go on forums), DJI will easily spin this to a "our product is so amazing we couldn't keep up with the frantic demand so you should run out and buy one too, right now!".

Looks like there is about to be some well-deserved irreparable brand damage for the general public to consume. Notice how everyone is saying now what I stated in the VERY first thread of this (since deleted by DJI). Rest assured, I'm talking to The Verge, Engadget, and CNN Tech next
smile.gif
2 of them already got back to me.

Now the question is, will DJI learn a lesson from this? I'm not so sure about that....
It's a bad day to be Michael Perry and Adam Najberg, for sure. I hope they are sending out resumes.
Someone has a lot of free time.

If you are fed up, then stop reading, the issue is not with them holding funds for preorders. Issue is, they charged full amount knowing the promise date is not realistic and they will not deliver as promised

I'm fed up about people moaning about their money being taken...that's what a pre-order is. You pay for something and then get it when it's released.
Except... that's just not true for most any reputable merchant. Minor detail.

November is what we are being told now! Most of the time you order something and have to either put a deposit or the full amount down. Some places are including an extra battery for preordering.

Except... that's just not true for most any reputable merchant. Minor detail.
Actually no, that's not the standard. Most reputable retailers, such as when ordering direct from Amazon, Apple, and most other U.S. retailers, will not charge until the order is ready to ship. I just don't think that is the standard from Chinese retailers. I realized that so I ordered from Amazon and Apple.

Reactions: OneSunnyDay

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4