DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

just got an email from Best Buy:

We were just informed that the release date for the item listed below has been updated to Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.
We look forward to seeing you, and thank you for shopping at Best Buy®.

Sincerely,
Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

Yeah, anyone who ordered from Best Buy just got schooled and anyone who hopes their Amazon order will arrive the first week of November (including me) is about to get the same lesson. No matter what BS announcements DJI releases they simply aren't yet shipping in any significant numbers.

If this keeps up much longer I am just going to call it a day, cancel orders, and wait for Spring (and probably an updated second-rev Mavic by then.) It's quickly becoming not worth dealing with any of this anymore.

I disagree DJI is "paying" with their reputation. I´d say it´s the opposite in fact.

Of course it´s getting customers crazy, mad and in existential crisis. The pressure is up and all. But if this whole situation shows one thing is that their reputation is in doing excellent and highly-desired drones. Delivering them is only a matter of suply and demand, maybe logistics too - but another thing altogether. And that good reputation seem pretty unharmed IMO. Otherwise it´d chill and everyone who ordered the Mavic would drop it or buy a Karma and be happy. Which I´m not seeing happening.

Everything will be back to normal once they start shipping in good numbers. Demand is high, supply is short - I almost envy DJI´s position from a business POV, what a f***** sweet problem to have!!! :p That´s the power of quality and exclusivity. In other words, DJI might be messing up here and there - but the defining factor is undeniable: the Mavic has no competitors and thus, it´ll rule.
I disagree. DJI are ******* bang out of order and they know it. As far as the good numbers thing goes, that'll be well into the new year, pissing more and more people off in the process. but never mind, let's look on the bright side eh? We always have their excellent customer service to rely on. They are an absolutely **** company, it's a good job they make good products. I just wish they had 'decent' competition. Here's hoping.

When did you order from Best Buy? Maybe they just sold out of the incoming batch??
No, BB has none in stock in the US and no ship date from DJI (per inventory lookup by the multiple BB sources I have checked with.) That's probably why they moved the date out so far.

Mine showed that for a month (A different wednesday) I hope you get it.

Thanks, so do I!

The order page has been showing November 2 since ordering and although the text has changed and not the date, it seems like progress at least. ;)

I disagree. DJI are ******* bang out of order and they know it. As far as the good numbers thing goes, that'll be well into the new year, pissing more and more people off in the process. but never mind, let's look on the bright side eh? We always have their excellent customer service to rely on. They are an absolutely **** company, it's a good job they make good products. I just wish they had 'decent' competition. Here's hoping.

I´m not looking at the bright side (though I confess I´m like that... and it´s just a toy really). I´m just taking a different look at this whole thing. I´m not talking as a customer here, and I´m not arguing pro-DJI either. Just stepping back from this crazyness and looking at a different perspective to pass time.

Of course they´ll piss off some people, it´s impossible to make everyone happy. It´ll make some anti-DJI maybe forever, but then that would happen regardless. Yes DJI is far from perfect, but the fact of the matter is that they´ve created a product that has the whole community so engaged, so feverish about, that it´s impossible not to take notice and admire their position as a brand and manufacturer of goods. I´m talking long run here, not just here and now.

They´re on a roll, I wish I could create that kind of market response with any of my companies but unfortunately it´s so rare it´s out of this world. Apple did it at times, others did too. But it doesn´t happen if you plan it, has to be spontaneous most of the times. They tried to cover all angles and right now it looks they´re screwed. I´m sure it must be hell at DJI HQ but time will sort this out, if the Mavic is as good as it seems it will.

And if not... Well, it´s just a toy really!

So I just received an email from Best Buy that I wont be getting it until the end of Nov!
c785e3ef02c1aecffaa215c0e14925ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Is this delay everyone is talking about go for all mavics or is it just for 3rd party sellers?

lol BB fell through...What a surprise! Now the thread will be filled with people who fired off a 2nd, 3rd or 4th Mavic purchase with BB based on the chatter here and the lies BB told them. On a brighter note, my Mavic arrived today but there was a Fleshlight in the box.

I´m not looking at the bright side (though I confess I´m like that... and it´s just a toy really). I´m just taking a different look at this whole thing. I´m not talking as a customer here, and I´m not arguing pro-DJI either. Just stepping back from this crazyness and looking at a different perspective to pass time.

Of course they´ll piss off some people, it´s impossible to make everyone happy. It´ll make some anti-DJI maybe forever, but then that would happen regardless. Yes DJI is far from perfect, but the fact of the matter is that they´ve created a product that has the whole community so engaged, so feverish about, that it´s impossible not to take notice and admire their position as a brand and manufacturer of goods. I´m talking long run here, not just here and now.

They´re on a roll, I wish I could create that kind of market response with any of my companies but unfortunately it´s so rare it´s out of this world. Apple did it at times, others did too. But it doesn´t happen if you plan it, has to be spontaneous most of the times. They tried to cover all angles and right now it looks they´re screwed. I´m sure it must be hell at DJI HQ but time will sort this out, if the Mavic is as good as it seems it will.

And if not... Well, it´s just a toy really!

I could agree with this view but the fact that it is a toy or any other product is not only what matters.
The truth is that the release date of the product was anticipated particularly by proclamation of the strength of other brands that could in the short term to prevent the success of mavic sales.
So they lied to us all, not in any way were prepared to sell this product, but had to prevent others were purchased.
And this is bad, very bad. We were all used for the good of DJI.

Reactions: whareable
lol BB fell through...What a surprise! Now the thread will be filled with people who fired off a 2nd, 3rd or 4th Mavic purchase with BB based on the chatter here and the lies BB told them. On a brighter note, my Mavic arrived today but there was a Fleshlight in the box.

Well.... at least you have something to play with.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Josh Miller
good for you. now you can go **** yourself.

lol, jk, that was tee'd up and couldn't resist. have fun flyin'!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d