DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I could agree with this view but the fact that it is a toy or any other product is not only what matters.
The truth is that the release date of the product was anticipated particularly by proclamation of the strength of other brands that could in the short term to prevent the success of mavic sales.
So they lied to us all, not in any way were prepared to sell this product, but had to prevent others were purchased.
And this is bad, very bad. We were all used for the good of DJI.

Yeah I agree it´s not cool, especially if you´re involved. It´s bad to be lied to, and we´re all willing to lash out on big companies, the chinese ones then don´t even mention. But in the back of our collective heads, we know what to expect.

There´s all this ugly business and cruel tactics at play of course. But ultimately the crux here is a personal decision. How much outraged, deceived, impatient, etc. am I with all this lie? How much do I want the Mavic, even in face of DJI´s stance at this?

Someone at DJI took a crazy decision at some point and it all went downhill. But it´s not over yet.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Just got an update to my BB purchase which had stated a delivery of Sunday 10/30. It now was updated to November 11/30!! That s a whole long month delay!! Thanks DJI
View attachment 500

faints.gif

Im guessing about 100 units world-wide have shipped from actual sales, would that be correct?

i would guess about that number at the most.. i have one on order from a chinese seller.. they do not have any and are now telling me "november"..

trog

Yeah I agree it´s not cool, especially if you´re involved. It´s bad to be lied to, and we´re all willing to lash out on big companies, the chinese ones then don´t even mention. But in the back of our collective heads, we know what to expect.

There´s all this ugly business and cruel tactics at play of course. But ultimately the crux here is a personal decision. How much outraged, deceived, impatient, etc. am I with all this lie? How much do I want the Mavic, even in face of DJI´s stance at this?

Someone at DJI took a crazy decision at some point and it all went downhill. But it´s not over yet.
Totally agree. Not only not ended, just as I'm sure the DJI win and assume an even greater position in the drone market

Think I need to uninscribe to this thread. I order on Oct 4. I have come to the conclusion that it will be another month and why read all this speculation. Still have my P3A but having someone look at it this weekend to possible buy it. Other wise in a week or so I will dump it on eBay and get a few buck out of it.

Who am I kidding Amazon will not give me the time of day to answer any questions and plus I live in Michigan. Weather is going to be crap anyways.

If I spend the next month checking this tread and my bank account. Then if I have any packages at a certain weight in my zip code. Oh plus did my statues change in the last hour on my amazon account?

Think I will go crazy after a month of that. Best just put it out of mind and be surprised if I get word before December

Reactions: A_Chemist
Think I need to uninscribe to this thread. I order on Oct 4. I have come to the conclusion that it will be another month and why read all this speculation. Still have my P3A but having someone look at it this weekend to possible buy it. Other wise in a week or so I will dump it on eBay and get a few buck out of it.

Who am I kidding Amazon will not give me the time of day to answer any questions and plus I live in Michigan. Weather is going to be crap anyways.

If I spend the next month checking this tread and my bank account. Then if I have any packages at a certain weight in my zip code. Oh plus did my statues change in the last hour on my amazon account?

Think I will go crazy after a month of that. Best just put it out of mind and be surprised if I get word before December

Just out of curiosity, How much do you expect/hope to get for your P3A?

Those units are most likely Beta units that were going to the Casey N crowd. Real production still hasn't started. I bet GoPro is enjoying this thread.

I agree with the production part. But in what way do you believe GoPro is enjoying any of this?

I agree with the production part. But in what way do you believe GoPro is enjoying any of this?

For me I'd say it's cause dji dropped the Mavic announcement right after the Karma to basically b!tch slap GoPro. And it did. Sales have been crazy for the Mavic, which have stolen a bunch of Karma sales. Now that Dji is showing it's colors and that they weren't even ready to release the product, also pissing off a bunch of Mavic customers.

I was actually thinking it would be fun to write a quick screen scraper script that searches FedEx for every zip code in the USA and see how many show up... But after seeing that my own recent shipment isn't showing up yet, not sure how much that would tell us.
I've thought the same using a different approach, but didn't take the time to do it. Maybe later.

I´m not looking at the bright side (though I confess I´m like that... and it´s just a toy really). I´m just taking a different look at this whole thing. I´m not talking as a customer here, and I´m not arguing pro-DJI either. Just stepping back from this crazyness and looking at a different perspective to pass time.

Of course they´ll piss off some people, it´s impossible to make everyone happy. It´ll make some anti-DJI maybe forever, but then that would happen regardless. Yes DJI is far from perfect, but the fact of the matter is that they´ve created a product that has the whole community so engaged, so feverish about, that it´s impossible not to take notice and admire their position as a brand and manufacturer of goods. I´m talking long run here, not just here and now.

They´re on a roll, I wish I could create that kind of market response with any of my companies but unfortunately it´s so rare it´s out of this world. Apple did it at times, others did too. But it doesn´t happen if you plan it, has to be spontaneous most of the times. They tried to cover all angles and right now it looks they´re screwed. I´m sure it must be hell at DJI HQ but time will sort this out, if the Mavic is as good as it seems it will.

And if not... Well, it´s just a toy really!
This is a really good take on the issue. The bottom line is... people believe this product far surpasses the competitors. If it wasn't viewed that way people would cancel their orders and get the Go-Pro. So IMO, this speaks volumes about two products not just one.

The truth is that the release date of the product was anticipated particularly by proclamation of the strength of other brands that could in the short term to prevent the success of mavic sales.
So they lied to us all, not in any way were prepared to sell this product, but had to prevent others were purchased.
And this is bad, very bad. We were all used for the good of DJI.

I'm really interested to know who is cancelling their order and moving away from the Mavic to another alternative?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead