DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Well add me to the list of 9/30 Fly More Combos ordered direct from DJI with no shipping date, no update, worthless chat support and in need of the Mavic for a production in the next 6 days ; )

If you need to use one, don't forget there exist drone rental sites. The mavic provides no distinct photographic advantage so a phantom 4 or hell even an inspire if its for a few days will be suitable. If you just want to play with one, consider a cheap POS to screw around with.

Just going by the original post, it appears about 1/2 the orders were placed in the first two days, of those approximately 1/2 have shipped (58/117). Since then (September 29th until today) an additional 117 have been ordered, and 10 (8.5%) have shipped. I think it's safe to say that this thread represents a decent sample set, and projecting, the first two days of orders will probably ship by this time next week, and probably 1/2 of the others will probably ship in the next two weeks. So while demand appears down, DJI will also be shipping to brick and mortar stores. So anyone not receiving their order within the next two weeks will likely have the option of buying one local.

Reactions: TopQuark
Finally got my Amazon (DJI Store) Fly more package shipped. According to FedEx I should get by Tuesday morning. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Order originally placed on September 27th @ 12:18PM.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Zeroescence
Well unless it takes 50 days to get to you, then you're fairing better than the Dec. 20 availability that many of the stores are estimating.
We may do better than some of the estimates we are seeing now. At first the estimates were optimistic (or at least based on DJI's initial statements, which were optimistic), then as vendors and retailers got burned by the delays and no information from DJI (and in turn started taking heat from their own customers) it seems they defaulted out to a worst-case availability date so as to avoid a repeat. If (big if) DJI can really ramp up production as they claim then we may see wider availability in November.

Reactions: whareable
2016-09-28 20:35:17
That's my order time. What are the odds it gets shipped today?
Not holding my breath but it would be the cherry on this crappy sundae.
If you bought it from Newegg, you should have it by now :eek:.

Where did you purchase it and which pkg? Basic or Combo?

I remember us all waiting for the P4... and seeing @DirtyBird walking out of Apple with one under each arm weeks before it was supposed to be on the shelves!

I bet Apple has some in the back room!

Well unless it takes 50 days to get to you, then you're fairing better than the Dec. 20 availability that many of the stores are estimating.
Dec 20 time-line is for new orders placed now or even for those orders placed on September 27?
I NEED the **** thing before I go to Bora Bora during christmas.

So why are there people complaining about waiting for the mavic to ship, and after they get it they put their mavic up on fleabay for more than double what it cost them? It doesn't make sense to me at all. If you were gonna keep it and was upset about the shipping delay there is nothing wrong with that. If you are gonna complain about the delay and rip other people off, there is something wrong with that situation.

easy...greed...and they probably have a phantom to mess with and don't care...people like me the mavic is my first high tech drone...all i have is racers...i will not be reselling it when i get it...it's just greed.

So why are there people complaining about waiting for the mavic to ship, and after they get it they put their mavic up on fleabay for more than double what it cost them? It doesn't make sense to me at all. If you were gonna keep it and was upset about the shipping delay there is nothing wrong with that. If you are gonna complain about the delay and rip other people off, there is something wrong with that situation.

Keep in mind that 99% of those auctions on eBay don't actually have one to sell. They're scammers.

Right now there's only one legitimate Mavic for sale on eBay, and I think he's asking $1600.

You think that's bad....go look up Boosted Board v.2 on eBay...you'll see some going for $3500-$4000.

Just like this guy did. I said something to him about it, because in the auction he never said that he had flown it, but in the youtube video, he obviously did in fact fly it. After that, he changed the first photo that originally showed his desk, mug, same desktop background on both monitors, and everything that was the same as the youtube video. I even posted it on his youtube video, and on the ebay listing. The scam artist changed the picture. I wish I could find the buyer to inform them of how to find out if it was flown as he advertised falsely. But the buyer probably doesn't care, they just care that they have one, despite paying so much for one. I should have taken a screenshot of the original listing.

Original listing DJI mavic Pro In hand Ready To Ship! | eBay

second listing DJI mavic Pro In hand Ready To Ship! | eBay

Children like this are just completely

Last edited:
Just like this guy did. I said something to him about it, because in the auction he never said that he had flown it, but in the youtube video, he obviously did in fact fly it. After that, he changed the first photo that originally showed his desk, mug, same desktop background on both monitors, and everything that was the same as the youtube video. I even posted it on his youtube video, and on the ebay listing. The scam artist changed the picture. I wish I could find the buyer to inform them of how to find out if it was flown as he advertised falsely. But the buyer probably doesn't care, they just care that they have one, despite paying so much for one. I should have taken a screenshot of the original listing.

Original listing DJI mavic Pro In hand Ready To Ship! | eBay

second listing DJI mavic Pro In hand Ready To Ship! | eBay

Children like this are just completely

Well I've had two offers to buy my Mavic for $1500. Knowing that I've flown it.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger... that's hard to ignore!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven