DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-release issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the hand-catch issue I remember my Mavic Pro's behaviour if "Landing Protection" is enabled. As I almost never land on ground I have this setting off. Hopefully it's possible to turn it off for the MM, too.

No full online manual as yet, very hard to get info on all sorts of features people want to check up on.
That is not good, people have drone in hand now, and to not have the manual out is a poor effort on DJIs part.

Here's a list of issues mentioned in the above video:

1) The flight telemetry (altitude, distance and speed) was sometimes displaying incorrectly in the DJI Fly app mid-flight.

Note: Billy is using a beta version of the DJI Fly app.

2) The aircraft was shaking a bit while hovering after takeoff.

Note: Billy mentioned it was windy. DroneDJ has this video showing the same thing when flying in windy conditions.

3) The aircraft kept ascending when he tried to hand catch it. See this video clip.

4) He prefers the Spark's exposure. Here's an example he shared:

1573383838018.png

Note: The exposure can be manually adjusted (just like on any other DJI drone).

Reactions: scooot and GarthH
people have drone in hand now, and to not have the manual out is a poor effort on DJIs part
People as in those promoting it through videos? I don't think DJI was expecting the other people who received the Mavic Mini early to have it in hand already.

Why shouldn't there be a full manual up here now ?
If you don't already know how DJI normally operates, the manual is rarely released before a new drone ships to customers.

That's of course how DJI operates today... and not how we would like them to operate. I would have liked access to the manual on the day the Mavic Mini was announced.

If you don't already know how DJI normally operates, the manual is rarely released before a new drone ships to customers.

That's of course how DJI operates today... and not how we would like them to operate. I would have liked access to the manual on the day the Mavic Mini was announced.

Likely then as I got my M1P well after release, and the Spark later, so both were well established in the market and manuals always there.

Yes, to find out some features, the manual would be good to see before it ships, I still don't know if the MM will there is hover option if signal is lost.
That's important to me (and possibly others) that will use a small drone for tight work with overhead issues in forced RTH mode.

What frustrates me is Spark used to have this option, and it's now removed from that drone.
So very hard to trust wifi totally in those sorts of situations, it will just go to RTH alt and probably hit something going up.

Guess I'll just wait now until things settle with the MM before deciding with all the facts on the table.

(Just checked, the manual is still not up as of this point, shipping day.)

The manual is in the DJI Fly app. It's in the App Stores now.

Just searched for it, not on the App Store.
Do you have the Fly app now and know this for sure ?

I'm finding it hard to imagine they'd put the manual on that app (I'd like to see that, it makes sense, at the moment I have Go4 saved to my various devices if ever needed in the field) . . . other previous manuals aren't on Go4,only on the product downloads pages as linked above.

Found it via link on the DJI Mavic Mini website specs page, strange it's not coming up on the phone app store link.
Will check out on the ipad later, sometimes apps are limited to different devices, but SHOULD be available for iphone download.

Just searched for it, not on the App Store.
Do you have the Fly app now and know this for sure ?

I'm finding it hard to imagine they'd put the manual on that app (I'd like to see that, it makes sense, at the moment I have Go4 saved to my various devices if ever needed in the field) . . . other previous manuals aren't on Go4,only on the product downloads pages as linked above.
It’s there. The manual is also in it like I said and other PDF documents.

Ok, installed the Fly app, went through all the processes / permissions.
There is no full manual there, only the 4 pdfs up to quick start guide.

EDIT - THESE are the only 4 ocs in both locations . . .

• Mavic Mini Quick Start Guide v1.0
    2019-10-30
    pdf
  • Mavic Mini In the Box
    2019-10-30
    pdf
  • Mavic Mini Fly More Combo In the Box
    2019-10-30
    pdf
  • Mavic Mini Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines v1.0
    2019-10-30
    pdf

Just saw your last post above . . . can you please post the direct to full manual pdf link you have found ?

As said above, the only ones on the website MM product downloads page, or on the map 'manuals' section, don't have this.

Reactions: Thomas B
There are also tutorial videos in the app that explain most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu