DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preprogram locations and routes?

John235

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Can any of this be done?
I would like to create waypoints while not flying, even without being connected to the drone. Click locations on the map or enter GPS coordinates to create waypoints. Each waypoint would be saved as a point. Create a preprogrammed route by connecting waypoints together, setting height, heading and gimble for each waypoint. I also would like the ability to edit saved waypoints and routes. Then I could continually refine and improve routes.

I also would like to win Powerball even though I rarely play.

Reactions: MikeyMikeOZ
Can any of this be done?
I would like to create waypoints while not flying, even without being connected to the drone. Click locations on the map or enter GPS coordinates to create waypoints. Each waypoint would be saved as a point. Create a preprogrammed route by connecting waypoints together, setting height, heading and gimble for each waypoint. I also would like the ability to edit saved waypoints and routes. Then I could continually refine and improve routes.

I know that it can not be done in GO4 because to set waypoints you must fly to them to set or remove. I'm pretty sure you can do all except the gimball adjustments in Litchi.

I, however dont use Litchi. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more details.

Can any of this be done?

You can do all of that with Litchi, including gimbal movements (gimbal movements and speed are required to have a connection to the RC to function, though). Litchi Mission Hub is free to use and experiment with, without purchasing the app. You can also virtually fly your mission in Google Earth with Namirda's Virtual Litchi Mission.

Litchi is very good at what you like to do and Litchi Mission Hub together with Google Earth are really valuable additions. Another solution would be Drone Harmony but they support only Android devices and web version will be released sometimes in 1st quarter of 2019. I suggest you check their web site, watch few YT clips and then decide which you like more :) They are both dirt cheap and buying both will not break the bank :)
My preference is Litchi because it provide more intuitive interface for generating mission responsible for creating cinematic footage. Ability to design mission sitting at home at front of big monitor is huge plus. But if you more into structural object inspection, terrain mapping, etc. Drone Harmony should be your choice.

Use and love DroneHarmony. As per above it can do all you require. Makes video much smoother than i can achieve by hand.

With Litchi you can plot waypoints, speed and height between waypoints, camera direction and angle, points of interest, that the camera can point at on reaching the nearby waypoint, orbit around a point of interest, panoramic shots, track a target, and more. With a little ingenuity, you could even make your quadcoptor sing, (well, maybe thats not quite true!) It took a bit of head scratching, and some excellent tutorial videos, but well worth the effort.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections