DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pretty happy with case setup for Mini and no more unfolding and folding of drone!

Bussty

Reactions
Site
andrewbusst.wixsite.com
Have only had the Mini for about a month or so and really enjoying it.

The only thing I don't like is I feel there is a reasonable chance of damaging props when unfolding and folding the drone ever time I use it. So when I saw these "pelican" like cases for around equivalent of $50 USD I said why not!

So now I can carry the drone safely in the car ready to go unfolded and with phone in the controller ready to go. With two battery banks I should have up to just under 3 hours of flight time.

The great thing is with the Mini it's so small you can have it in a case like this and it's not too big to be kept unfolded.

Case has...
  • Drone (unfolded)
  • Controller with phone attached
  • Battery Case with 3 batteries
  • Space above the controller to put a spare 3 batteries and holder when it arrives (back order)
  • Anemometer
  • Compass
  • Spare cables and props under the controller
I have the drone on an angle so all props are under lid height but the body pops up just a little bit so the top well press down lightly holding in place. Same with the sticks on the controller.

Is so nice to be able to stop the car, open the case grab the controller, put the drone on the case and start flying :)

Attachments

• 20200124_181101.jpg
    20200124_181101.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 233
  • 20200124_180950.jpg
    20200124_180950.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 250
Looks good. I never thought of leaving it unfolded. Where did you get it from?

I have this one on the way to me at the moment.
20191217150603_9061.jpg

It would be good if they would ship the prepaid case, 31 days later and nothing.

Great idea.[emoji106][emoji846]I too keep my Mavic Mini unfolded all the time. I always check on my motors and propellers.etc before each flight
So far I have over 134 flights with no problems

Thanks for that, I really wanted to have the prop guards installed as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman