Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Preventing controller from charging phone

Bramavic2

Reaction score
As someone suggested, I connected my phone to the large usb port in the back, and connected the upper port to a powerbank. That way I managed to keep the controller with a good charge through 9 plus batteries in the drone. The phone battery also kept high (had to connect it to another powerbank between on breaks).

Cumbersome but worked well I might make some kind of tray to hold all of that together, something breathable would be best as everything gets hot.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
a resistor on the positive wire would help perhaps, but, it is too much effort for such a thing.
That was tried too, attempting to limit current to around 10mA. That didn't work in the field. Minimum current may be around 100mA at least as a probe current from the Android.

kozjegyzo

Reaction score
That't probably a resistor as suggested before. It would be interesting to know.
Yeah, the circuit lets through some curren, so the phone sees the connection, but it's way less than full on charging. To put it in numbers, the Mavic controller will charge at 500-800mA but this thing only lets through 1-30mA depending on the phone you use. So it's a significant difference

Bramavic2

Reaction score
Yeah, the circuit lets through some curren, so the phone sees the connection, but it's way less than full on charging. To put it in numbers, the Mavic controller will charge at 500-800mA but this thing only lets through 1-30mA depending on the phone you use. So it's a significant difference
Tks for the details. Do you have any information about the actual circuit? Although very inexpensive it's out of reach for some one in Brazil like myself. I've seen suggestion of using a resistor in one the the lines, which I suppose is what this dongle does. It seems from the video that it's covered by a simple heat shrink that would allow us to see the actual circuit.