DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preventing controller from charging phone

Is this able to be switched off within the options menu?

No, but if you connect your phone using the bottom USB port instead of the side Micro USB port, it wont charge your phone. The bottom port is a "data only" port.

***EDIT*** SEE MY BELOW POST. DJI GO 4 VERSION 4.3.0 HAS THIS FEATURE.

Last edited:
I'm using 4.3.0 for Android. It's not there. Seems like they only made this for iOS.

I'm using 4.3.0 for Android. It's not there. Seems like they only made this for iOS.
I was told In a DJI chat that the feature is only working for iphones[emoji35]. Another excellent feature android is missing out on is the option to turn off or modify the annoying beep alarms. Hope will be fixed in next firmware update. They should mention that not all features are available for android devices.

Wondering if one can simply cut the + wire in the USB cable to prevent charging.

Wondering if one can simply cut the + wire in the USB cable to prevent charging.
I tried and destroy several cable's, didn't work. Now I'm on iPhone and can fly 5 batteries in just 1 RC charge.

Reactions: Emanáku
Firstly, from what I have read the "controller charging the phone" issue never existed with iPhones so having the option to disable Charging Mode would seem to be superfluous in the IOS version of DJ4 Go. One of the Mavic Pro 2 reviewers pointed out the new option but it's not there in the Android app when running it with the Mavic Pro - latest version is v4.3.0 according to the app settings on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Hopefully, it will turn up in the next firmware release.

In any case, I followed advice posted on this forum to turn off Fast Charging on the S7 and now the drain on the controller's battery is negligible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan