DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro2 or zoom for roof inspectiona

Chippuccio

Reactions
Bought the 2 figuring higher res for commercial roof inspections. New to the biz and wondering if i should have bought the zoom? Thoughts?

I guess you're thinking of using the zoom feature to get a closer shot? Why not just fly closer to the roof?

People have been doing roof inspections for years now without using a camera that zooms. So, it's certainly not a requirement.

I guess you're thinking of using the zoom feature to get a closer shot? Why not just fly closer to the roof?

People have been doing roof inspections for years now without using a camera that zooms. So, it's certainly not a requirement.

ZOOM all the way...... i used mine for roof inspection. It works great for that. Crystal clear image....

Thinking of some of the places I've worked I'd go with the zoom. One place was single-story but was large. Most of your inspection would be beyond VLOS if you were close to the roof. You would be relying on obstacle avoidance and the screen to avoid obstructions. At this plant everything up there was large so that would work. At another place I worked there were several antennas with guy wires. You may or may not see the guy wire on the screen. Better to fly higher and zoom in.

Pro in HQ mode has about the same view as the Zoom fully zoomed in (in 4K). OK, in 1080 the zoom gives you an extra 2x for live view but you don't gain anything when it comes to the regording.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty