DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem Changing Props

Waterfly

Reactions
I was upgrading to the new propellers and when I went to change the props, one just would not come off. No matter what I do I can't position it so it releases. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Forgive the basic questions first - as I note that you are a new member (Welcome to the forum by the way) - but I assume that you do know that two prop's will come off clockwise, and two will come off anti-clockwise? Yes ??
Just to get 100% on the same page, is the prop' that won't release, one marked with the white circle around the centre shaft, or without??
The prop's need to be pushed down before they are turned. Does this prop' allow you to push it in??

Reactions: Markc_66
Thanks I have been learning a lot very quickly and this forum is a huge help. I do understand the clockwise and counter clockwise install. The prop in question does have a circle in the center

Welcome to the forum!
Wonder if one or more of the prop retention tabs are cracked or broken... thus jamming up rotation of the props after pushing down. Have you had any crashes or other unusual strains on the props? This happened to me.

It did nip a tree branch once, but I replaced all the props and have had them on and off several times and it just suddenly became a problem. How can you tell if its the retention tab with the prop still in place?

It did nip a tree branch once, but I replaced all the props and have had them on and off several times and it just suddenly became a problem. How can you tell if its the retention tab with the prop still in place?
Look REALLY close. I didn’t notice mine until it got pinched in motor rotation and made a strange noise. Even the I had to manually rotate the motor to see (after removing the rotor).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904