DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem Connecting with DJI Assistant

SteveQ

Reactions
I am able to connect with DJI Assistant and am able to upgrade the firmware with it.
However, 2 things I've noticed.
When I connect to DJI Assistant via usb cable on my laptop, the sd card disappears.
Meaning I can't access the contents of the SD card inside my Mavic Pro.
Another thing is, when I checked on 'Wifi Settings' in the DJI Assistant, it can't access it, it says 'failed to get SSID' and 'failed to get password.'
Aside from that, my Mavic Pro flies ok, haven't got any problems so far flying it.
Bought it last December 24, 2017.
I hope somebody can help me.
Thank you!

Attachments

• ssid.jpg
    ssid.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 24
I am able to connect with DJI Assistant and am able to upgrade the firmware with it.
When I connect to DJI Assistant via usb cable on my laptop, the sd card disappears.
Another thing is, when I checked on 'Wifi Settings' in the DJI Assistant, it can't access it, it says 'failed to get SSID' and 'failed to get password.'
Aside from that, my Mavic Pro flies ok, haven't got any problems so far flying it.
Thank you!

Not sure about why the Sd card disappears, sounds like an issue with your USB ports maybe, as for the SSID, this wont show unless you turn on the WIFI on the Mavic, its a timy switch next to the SD card slot

Reactions: SteveQ
Thank you for replying. I guess you are right about the Wifi.
However, with regards to the USB, i've tried different ports on my laptop, but still the same.
If I just connect the mavic pro via usb to my laptop, I am able to access the SD card contents.
Only when I open the DJI Assistant 2 is when the SD card becomes inaccessible.
I will try using a different laptop or computer tomorrow with a friend and see what happens.

Only when I open the DJI Assistant 2 is when the SD card becomes inaccessible
Mine does the same, but I never considered it an issue because I never saw any need to use both at the same time.

If I just connect the mavic pro via usb to my laptop, I am able to access the SD card contents.
s.

Never actually noticed if it did that, maybe because the program claims access to the SD card to prevent you using it to do something in the assistant

Thank you!

Just checked, you need to switch it to WIFI mode before the SSID etc shows in the assistant software

Reactions: SteveQ
Reading this I'm not sure if you guys know there are 2 SD cards. The internal SD is the one requiring DJI Assistant 2 and will contain FLYnnn.DAT files. If the Mavic FW version is 01.03.0900 or later then DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.6 or later is required. And, it will be the Data Upload tab, not the Flight Data tab. Look here for more info.

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngH