DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with changing frame rates mid flight

Jeffdj

Reactions
This morning I had an unusual problem that I have never had before. Early morning flight to get the sunrise, Mavic 2 Pro with Ulanzi anamorphic lens, flying slowly along the foreshore. On editing the video, I was surprised that when reaching the third file of the set, there was a glitch, looked like a frame had been lost. On examining the file details, found that this file had a 24.97 frame rate while all others taken on the flight were 25 fps. This happened without any instruction from me in mid flight. Changing the frame rate back to 25 fps in the editor still showed a glitch.
Any idea what caused this? Using a fast card that has given no problems before. Can I examine any log files to see what caused it? Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you certain the frame rate is 24.97 or is it being interpreted that way because of a glitch in the recording?

What editing software are you using?

What is the default frame rate for projects and Timelines in the editor?

Are you certain the frame rate is 24.97 or is it being interpreted that way because of a glitch in the recording?

What editing software are you using?

What is the default frame rate for projects and Timelines in the editor?
I use Edius X software with a default frame rate of 25fps. Only the last video file is shown at 24.97fps all the others in the same flight are 25fps. If I load the same files into Movie edit Pro all the files are shown as 25fps but there is a black glitch between the last two files. Maybe this indicates a glitch during the in flight recording. This is the first time it has happened with this set of gear including the microSD card. The question is was it the card or the Mavic at fault?

I use Edius X software with a default frame rate of 25fps. Only the last video file is shown at 24.97fps all the others in the same flight are 25fps. If I load the same files into Movie edit Pro all the files are shown as 25fps but there is a black glitch between the last two files. Maybe this indicates a glitch during the in flight recording. This is the first time it has happened with this set of gear including the microSD card. The question is was it the card or the Mavic at fault?

It’s not unusual for editing software, even the high end broadcast type to show the ‘wrong’ frame rate when the file is corrupt or has missing frames. The header in the file has a count of the number of frames to expect and if the actual readable count differs then it can show the wrong frame rate.

It could be the aircraft or the SD card. It may be worth recording some test clips to the internal drive to see if the issue is repeatable but checking with another SD card or reformatting may also resolve the issue.

Reactions: tlswift58
This morning I had an unusual problem that I have never had before. Early morning flight to get the sunrise, Mavic 2 Pro with Ulanzi anamorphic lens, flying slowly along the foreshore. On editing the video, I was surprised that when reaching the third file of the set, there was a glitch, looked like a frame had been lost. On examining the file details, found that this file had a 24.97 frame rate while all others taken on the flight were 25 fps. This happened without any instruction from me in mid flight. Changing the frame rate back to 25 fps in the editor still showed a glitch.
Any idea what caused this? Using a fast card that has given no problems before. Can I examine any log files to see what caused it? Has anyone else had this problem?
Jeff:

There should be no problem if your editing software allows for editing mixed frame rates. I found this video by Matt Johnson (You Tube) to be very helpful for me using Adobe Premiere Pro.

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.39.31 AM.png

Frame Rates Explained- How to Film and Edit Mixed Frame Rate Video in Premiere Pro Matt Johnson.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan