DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with gimbal freezing for half a second when using ipad pro

Nito

Reactions
I have been flying with my Mavic pro for more than a year now and it has been working like clockwork with my Android phones. I recently bought a holder for my ipad pro 2017, as I wanted to have a bigger and brighter screen when flying.

When i flew with it the first time I noticed a slight freeze in the picture every minute or less at random times. I shook it off as interference, but when I look back at the raw recordings the same freeze stutters Is there. I have tried with different 8-pin cables, the one incluided with the ipad and a two different DJI-specific versions, to both the regular and micro-USB port On the remote to try and see if one port is causing the problem, but it’s still freezing at random. On my Samsung S9 phone i can’t replicate the problem. Iv’e also tried reverting back to two previous firmware versions to see if the latest one was causing the glitch, but it’s the same...

Iv’e posted a video showing two of the random stutters. The text is in swedish but it just states where the glitches occur.

Have anyone heard of this problem? Any suggestions what I might try next?
It’s not the end of the world for me, but a pretty big bummer as the bigger screen is a lot more enjoyable to use.

I have also done various recalibrations to the gimbal, the IMU and the compass.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980