DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems after i hit a cable

Mazzoleni98

Reactions
hello, last week i hit a cable with my mavic and now sometimes when i turn it on the gimbal continues to move right and left and in some cases it orients the camera inwards while sometimes it works correctly. The camera signal works outdoor but when i turn it on indoor i can’t see anything on the screen. I think that maybe the flat ribbon cable is damaged, what do you think about it? I hope that you’ll answear me! Thanks

If you don't have refresh then contact @Thunderdrones & he can probably assist you. I agree that it sounds like a damaged ribbon is the problem. If you're good with electronics then some people do the repair themselves using Youtube as a guide.

DJI will ask you to do an IMU calibration and to check that the camera is mounted on the plates. Do that first before sending in.

From where i stand, i think your camera is damaged from the hit.

I have already calibrated the imu. This problem happens not always but sometimes and the only thing to stop it is turn off the mavic and restart it. if i would try to change the ribbon cable where can i buy it? How can i know that the camera cable ( lvds?) is not damaged? Thanks

Last edited:
You can find both cables on ebay.
Gimbal and camera are completely separate, so if you don'thave image problems the camera cable is ok.
Note some connections can have come loose in other places inside.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yannick 63