DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems Automatic Focus and Manual Focus after update 4.100 and 4.1.18

victorherisson

Reactions
Hello everybody, excuse me my English, I'm Brazilian. I'm having problems after the last update of firmware 4.100 and the DJI GO 4 v 4.1.18 app (Android - Galaxy S7). When I turn on the drone and take photos in autofocus mode it works normally, when I switch to manual focus mode it hangs up, thereafter does not work photo, video, does not change the exposure, does not open the photo album, until that I renitie the drone. I already tested my smartphone on another mavic with the same setup and ran normally. The biggest problem is that I have already reinstalled the same firmware again via DJI ASSISTANT 2 and it did not work, there is no option to DOWNGRADE now, I can not do DOWNGRADE because it does not list in the options. I am an advanced pilot, my drone never fell, I never had problems, but this time surprised me.

By Victor Herisson

... I can not do DOWNGRADE because it does not list in the options...
There are ways to downgrade Go 4. A search on this forum, Google, YouTube will show you how. I also had problems (pixilated video) with 4.1.18 and downgraded to 4.1.15 to solve them. I have read here that 4.1.18 has been fixed but I have not tried it.
... I already tested my smartphone on another mavic with the same setup and ran normally...
I am not sure what to make of your test. You mentioned "another Mavic with the same setup"; I am assuming that all the firmware is the same with both sets. Because your smartphone was the constant in the two tests, and worked on one and not another, that would indicate the problem is not in your phone. Since Go 4 resides on the phone then that implies the Mavic or RC is the problem, which I do not believe is likely. A better possibility is the cable connecting the phone to the RC was faulty or not completely seated, but since you are an advanced pilot, I assumed you checked that.

I am stumped. Please post a fix when you find one.

Reactions: victorherisson
Im having the same problem with manual focus. I cant use the record button after changing to MF...

Hi - Newbie here so all I can offer are my humble observations (which doesn't come from experience or knowledge). I'm also suffering from a garbled video feed to my cell (Galaxy S5). What I noticed with my unit was while the drone was on the ground the picture was fine. As I climbed in altitude the video noise crept from the bottom of the screen to the top the higher I rose. What caught my eye was the shape of the line between the good portion of the picture (top half) and the garbled or black noise portion (bottom half). It seemed to mirror the shape of the ground terrain underneath the drone at the time (the video lag seemed excessive too).

I'm recharging now - trying to beat sunset (yup the Great White North). I'll try flying in Sport Mode (ground sonar off) and see if the noise goes away or changes shape. I'll report back if anything conclusive comes from it. I realize there are other issues as well but maybe there's a signal leak that's grinding processing down. Remember this is coming from the "mouths of babes". I just think that it can't be a coincidence that the noise shape and the ground topography were the same. Again, I'll need another experiment to confirm or deny.

Just did another test. I forgot to switch it to Sport Mode (too eager to beat sunset). Regardless, I can't replicate the mirroring effect from the previous flight so it was a coincidence I guess. The ambient light conditions are drastically different but that shouldn't affect sonar though. Anyways, thanks for allowing me my tangent :)

Last edited:
Im having the same problem with manual focus. I cant use the record button after changing to MF...

Hi, I'm having the same problem too. And I do not know how to solve it. I'm Brazilian, pardon my English. I have version 4.0100 and 4.1.18 of DJI GO 4. I own Galaxy S7. I tested with another Mavic same with same setup and did not give problem. contact me on WhatsApp +55 83 9 9650 9993

I tried DJI Go 4.1.15 problem is the same. So its not the app version but the Mavic firmware.

Hi guys,

I’m suffering the same issue. First time I’d used manual focussing today and had same issue whereby I couldn’t take a photo or video.

It was also stuck on the choice of photo or video until I restarted the mavic.

Has anyone identified the issue ? Is it firmware?

My versions are attached in image.

Any help appreciated. Ideally would like to know it’s a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Thanks I. Advance,
Andy

Attachments

• 00243DF8-7ABF-4616-A859-2E07C7BB7E4D.png
    00243DF8-7ABF-4616-A859-2E07C7BB7E4D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Apparently it’s a known issue and the devs are working on it

Attachments

• 2DF60038-A12F-4ED7-8AD8-28A142E95855.png
    2DF60038-A12F-4ED7-8AD8-28A142E95855.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 16
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case