DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with Mavic Pro 2 / Zoom

It could be a combination of new drone/new skills for everyone in a relatively short time + surge of new customers to the new product. People with untroubled drone flights are less likely to post about it than those who encounter problems. ;)
Most new owners don't even find our forums until they look for solutions to problems they are having, so it creates a disproportionate perception of problems, among the entire database of happy problem free owners enjoying their ownership that never find their way here.

I hope I'm in the right place for this. My Mavic 2 Zoom has 2 of 3 batteries swollen and showing cracks on top around the power switch and will not lock in the craft properly. Only 13 charges on them since new. Never left in vehicle always stored in AC. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20190811_114545.jpg
    20190811_114545.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
I hope I'm in the right place for this. My Mavic 2 Zoom has 2 of 3 batteries swollen and showing cracks on top around the power switch and will not lock in the craft properly. Only 13 charges on them since new. Never left in vehicle always stored in AC. Any thoughts?
Warranty them with DJI if you can. Do not use them in your bird or charge them.

Reactions: Mitd9922z
I have a Mavic Zoom and IT'S taking me time to learn things. This site is a blessing. My Smart Controller shows that I need to update stuff. I paid $80 to the Best Buy Geek Squad to initially set the drone up. I DON'T have the internet or wifi at home. How do I then update the drone? I know restaurants have free wifi. Thank you your advice ahead of time.

I have a Mavic Zoom and IT'S taking me time to learn things. This site is a blessing. My Smart Controller shows that I need to update stuff. I paid $80 to the Best Buy Geek Squad to initially set the drone up. I DON'T have the internet or wifi at home. How do I then update the drone? I know restaurants have free wifi. Thank you your advice ahead of time.
Does your cellphone have service? If so, you can set it up as a hotspot then use it as a wifi connection for your dronr.

A mm swell at the bottom is one thing, especially when it subsides after cooling down. But cracks at the top is a definite no.

I still say DJI has an issue here. There's just too many reports of this even if it is hot weather right now. If hot weather was a legit factor, we'd be hearing about other models experiencing this.

You can also try coffee shops (Starbucks in the US), public libraries or city halls. You will probably need a laptop since I don't think you can just use any cell phone to perform the actual update via their Assistant app.

You also might just consider ignoring the update completely! The latest FW updates have a hidden AntiRollback feature embedded into them! If it ain’t broke, don't fix it! :oops:

Reactions: Mike4884
I’ve got 100 flights and have had lots of problems with birds. Specifically the stupid swallow. Who would have thought a small annoying bird and his friends could bring down the bird. Bird is a word. Bird bird bird

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom