DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Process workflow

Moura

Reactions
Hi, im photographer, but im new to video process.
I bought a mavic 2 pro, and i saw that it make fantastic 4k movies. In this point i want to ask if i have advantage of filming in 4k and .mov format as i have a good PC monitor but is not 4k.
I saw too that .mov can not be played on PC in normal players, is there any program to play .mov files on PC? Also the edit program i am not sure wich i will use, premiere ou resolve.
Thanks

You don't need a 4K monitor to edit 4K footage - in fact 4K monitors often present more problems than they're worth depending on what else you do with your PC. Far more important is that your monitor is calibrated properly, and capable of holding a proper calibration.

VLC media player will play .mov or anything else, and it's free. I'd suggest shooting in .MP4 though for better overall compatibility and no downside.

I think most people use DaVinci Resolve because it's the only free program with a fully professional suite of features. Premiere is the gold standard but it is extremely expensive ($20 USD/mo) so unless videos are part of your livelihood or a primary hobby, you might consider just sticking with Resolve.

Reactions: Moura
You don't need a 4K monitor to edit 4K footage - in fact 4K monitors often present more problems than they're worth depending on what else you do with your PC. Far more important is that your monitor is calibrated properly, and capable of holding a proper calibration.

VLC media player will play .mov or anything else, and it's free. I'd suggest shooting in .MP4 though for better overall compatibility and no downside.

I think most people use DaVinci Resolve because it's the only free program with a fully professional suite of features. Premiere is the gold standard but it is extremely expensive ($20 USD/mo) so unless videos are part of your livelihood or a primary hobby, you might consider just sticking with Resolve.
Thank you!

Reactions: CanadaDrone

There are ways to get Premiere for less-than-normal pricing too. In my case it's not actually cheaper than the $20 standard rate you mention, but it comes out to a bargain since I also use Lightroom and Photoshop for Photography, and tinker around in some of the other apps in the suite (After Effects mainly.) The same process might work for JUST Premiere, but I can't say for sure. Anywho, I signed up for a Premiere free trial (and had long ago let my Photography combo expire.) At the end of the trial I cancelled, and was immediately sent to a chat with sales so they could try and talk me down from the ledge. I had planned to switch to Davinci Resolv but they basically gave me the full/unlimited Creative Cloud Suite for $30/mo. It would've cost me that much for the $10/mo photography plan plus adding in Premiere a la carte @ $21/mo, and now I get to use the whole shebang (that would be $53/mo normally.)

Long winded, but basically, they'll offer some options in the sales chat to try and keep you on board, so it's worth a shot depending on your needs. I'd be surprised if they didn't have other options too.

If you've got a .edu email address, or otherwise are a student/teacher, the all-access option is even cheaper at $20/mo.

Last edited:
Agree with above said.
I have a supercharged PC, but not so good graphic and a old LCD monitor. It handles 4K normally.

I advice to watch on pc videos, not VLC, but install Klite codec Pack. It uses the old good Media Player Classic.
Still starting on Premiere Pro, and before some basics on Sony Vegas, as in my opinion is more easy.

Reactions: Moura
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032