DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Progress not perfection

SmilingOgre

Reactions
Latest attempt at one I've been working on. Past attempts were no where near as smooth. Still see some spots that could be smoother but progress!

Latest attempt at one I've been working on. Past attempts were no where near as smooth. Still see some spots that could be smoother but progress!

What drone are you using : The video is not very clean , lots of artifacts going on here it might be the compression.

What drone are you using : The video is not very clean , lots of artifacts going on here it might be the compression.
That's an air 2. Using the h.264 codec, HD wide. I noticed YouTube hasn't finished the 4k processing yet either. The video itself looks better local without the Youtube. Having said all that, it is not the Mavic 2 for sure. Thanks for taking the time to comment!!!

Last edited:
That's an air 2. Using the h.264 codec, HD wide. I noticed YouTube hasn't finished the 4k processing yet either. The video itself looks better local without the Youtube. Having said all that, it is not the Mavic 2 for sure. Thanks for taking the time to comment!!!

So the Air 2 should be giving you some really clean footage , so maybe it needs to render still as something is off.
Lets see if the 4K does not come thru.

Here is what I am seeing: Notice the water and the trees are very blurred. also the artifacts around the tree are not right.

Screenshot 09-20-2020 19.01.57.jpg

Reactions: SmilingOgre
So the Air 2 should be giving you some really clean footage , so maybe it needs to render still as something is off.
Lets see if the 4K does not come thru.
Groove. Sounds like a plan!!!

I posted a picture of it above. Not sure you saw it.
No, I hadn't caught that. That is a far cry from what the local mp4 looks like. Even from YouTube on my end it isn't that bad. Got some "tracing" along the bridge facture as the drone moves on YouTube that isn't local but that is about it. Toooooo Weird!!!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
No, I hadn't caught that. That is a far cry from what the local mp4 looks like. Even from YouTube on my end it isn't that bad. Got some "tracing" along the bridge facture as the drone moves on YouTube that isn't local but that is about it. Toooooo Weird!!!

Update the 4K looks much better but is there any chance you had dirt on the lens:

The upper right hand corner is is blurred : Here you can see all the artifacts around the trees in the 4K I of course changed the exposure to show it better.

Screenshot 09-20-2020 19.24.39.jpg

Update the 4K looks much better but is there any chance you had dirt on the lens:

The upper right hand corner is is blurred : Here you can see all the artifacts around the trees in the 4K I of course changed the exposure to show it better.

View attachment 113428
Anything is possible. I'll have to take a close look at the lens. I could have stuck an oily finger on it trying to get the camera guard off.

View attachment 113428
These are the kind of things I always trip over. Don't trip over mountains, just cracks in the sidewalk. I check everything I can think of and then when I get the footage in Premiere I find something always. Eventually I'll some decent routines going. Regardless, I'm loving the process of learning all of this. Thanks for sticking with this!!! Greatly appreciated!

These are the kind of things I always trip over. Don't trip over mountains, just cracks in the sidewalk. I check everything I can think of and then when I get the footage in Premiere I find something always. Eventually I'll some decent routines going. Regardless, I'm loving the process of learning all of this. Thanks for sticking with this!!! Greatly appreciated!

Thanks for posting that picture because that is nice and clean and so most likely the problem was the You Tube Compression not liking the >264 wide is my guess.
Try uploading again on youtube and see if you do not get much better results. I had to switch from YT to Vimeo as that happened a few times to me.

Just happy the camera is not the issue for you.

Phantomrain.org

Thanks for posting that picture because that is nice and clean and so most likely the problem was the You Tube Compression not liking the >264 wide is my guess.
Try uploading again on youtube and see if you do not get much better results. I had to switch from YT to Vimeo as that happened a few times to me.

Just happy the camera is not the issue for you.

Phantomrain.org
Thank you for the follow up!!! I trust your opinion as I have not flown long at all. As of yet my flying is not good enough to worry too much about host reproduction quality but if my flying gets better I will no longer be able to put up with YouTube. I can see that coming. From the posted flight I was very pleased with my ability to fly up and back while adjusting the gimble down and not have it look like a train wreck. Just gotta keep working on keeping it smooth.

I think you've got a bit of overexposure. While my numbers won't be exact because I grabbed the image off of Phantomrain's screenshot, the numeric representations are nearing "white without detail". The road on the bridge looked like it was nearing blow-out levels when I was watching the vid. I think you could lose .7 stops and still be good and I think that will help with detail.

bridge_screenshot_wDensity.jpg

I think you've got a bit of overexposure. While my numbers won't be exact because I grabbed the image off of Phantomrain's screenshot, the numeric representations are nearing "white without detail".
Still a great observation. Thanks!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan