DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop bent from Fly More case

Dakarenduro

Reactions
I had read about this in the past happening (couldn't find the thread) but it happened to me and my MA. I had the MA with Master Airscrew v2 props installed, stored in the DJI soft Fly More case for about 4 weeks. Today I charged it up and went to fly to get a motor error. Checked and one of tthe props was slightly bent enough to hit the aircraft body on the top. Luckily I had my dji props with me, swapped them out and off flying I went.

So just an fyi. I have no idea if the same would happen with the OEM props on or not. But storing in the fly more case allowed one prop to get held in a bent position long enough for it to deform. I won't store for long term in that case anymore. Maybe I will remove props altogether not sure yet. Might just let drone sit unfolded on a shelf between excursions.

Hope this helps someone in the future avoid the same.

Those ”fly-more” bags is so tight so you must sqeeze the drone in for closing the zippers. My bag from the Mavic pro fits my Spark instead with everything in it. Would never try to sqeeze the Mavic into that narrow space for a longer period.

Those ”fly-more” bags is so tight so you must sqeeze the drone in for closing the zippers. My bag from the Mavic pro fits my Spark instead with everything in it. Would never try to sqeeze the Mavic into that narrow space for a longer period.

I've never used mine since it's such a ridiculously tight squeeze to get even the bare essentials in. No idea what DJI was thinking when they designed it like that (or approved the design from whoever they outsourced it to); just an extra 1cm on each dimension would have made it so much more useful.

Or they could even have assumed people might want to put a few accessories in there (filters, tablet holder, etc.), and made it large enough to accommodate some extra gear. I ended up getting (yet another!) generic camera bag with adjustable compartments and using that instead.

I have also scrapped (not bend ) my props, from carrying in a bag. I have since switched to a backpack that lets me store more extra batteries, car charger, tablets, tablet holders, and remotes, along with other accessories with no issues.

I've never used mine since it's such a ridiculously tight squeeze to get even the bare essentials in. No idea what DJI was thinking when they designed it like that (or approved the design from whoever they outsourced it to); just an extra 1cm on each dimension would have made it so much more useful.

Or they could even have assumed people might want to put a few accessories in there (filters, tablet holder, etc.), and made it large enough to accommodate some extra gear. I ended up getting (yet another!) generic camera bag with adjustable compartments and using that instead.
Are we talking about the same Mavic Air Fly-more case? Mine holds up to four batteries, the drone, controller, ipad, and plenty of room for other accoutrements. It's not a tight fit at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22