DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop change

B-dog

Reactions
I've been wondering.... Is there a set schedule for changing props? Are they only rated for a certain number of flights or specific time? Mine is flying fine, but I don't want to be mid flight and one of my props say "that's all I'm good for, bye"... any tips?

Is there a set schedule for changing props?
No.

A prop should be replaced as soon as it's damaged. Check all of your props carefully prior to each flight (especially around the hub area). If you notice any wear, chips, cracks, etc., then toss the prop and replace it.

msinger-
No.

A prop should be replaced as soon as it's damaged. Check all of your props carefully prior to each flight (especially around the hub area). If you notice any wear, chips, cracks, etc., then toss the prop and replace it.

msinger-

What about material fatigue after x number of hours?

if you have had no crashes,then just do a visual check of the hub and blades,check the part where it swivels at the hub for excessive play and as stated above look for chips or cracks,there is no set life it depends on whether any damage is evident on inspection,personally i would change the whole set for new if i found any fatigue damage to one of them,just as a precaution,its really down to how you feel.

What about material fatigue after x number of hours?
It's likely a non-issue since DJI doesn't recommend replacing them after X hours.

Reactions: Cert404
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569